Ameraucana Projects Thread

I do apologize.....as I said I am new on this breed and trying to learn....I did not intend to cause any problems...just wanted to learn. Yes..I may make mistakes that was why I came here to learn correctly.

don't worry, I'm just easily confused
wink.png

Posted these pics on the other thread and thought I should show them here also.A golden cock and light brown hen and a pic of a pair of their young.Light brown attempt.Trying to complete the color family of silver.

Wow! What an interesting thread!! I will keep stalking!! Love the pics of that buff laced pullet.. wow, now wouldn't that be a pretty Ameracauna!!

I have pics of my Ameracaunas up on my coops page in my siggy below, would love to hear any feedback you have on the birds I have.....

Last edited:
Was told to join this thread. So I know a few are or have worked with mottled but the pesky legs have been an issue. Which is why I was very surprised when I hatched out this girl. Most are still hatching out with mottled legs but hoping that this girl can reproduce more legs like she has.

Was told to join this thread. So I know a few are or have worked with mottled but the pesky legs have been an issue. Which is why I was very surprised when I hatched out this girl. Most are still hatching out with mottled legs but hoping that this girl can reproduce more legs like she has.

autosomal recessive mottling does not affect the dermal pigments on chickens, mottled shanks are affected by other genes, Black/Slate shanks are the norm on the Mottled OEG
15188_mottled_old_english_games_001.jpg

Wow, pretty!!

I found out who lays what color egg.My best barred project pullet lays a blue green egg.Yeah!She is the pullet, in the first and last pic.Middle pic is a cockerel with slate legs, single comb.Anxious to start the next generation.Hope the cockerel retains his leg color.I see no solid color feathers.Hope here has 2 barring genes.

Back
Top Bottom