Ameraucana pullet? I'm doubtful

4eyesnoheart

Chirping
Dec 6, 2023
Picked up a few pullets over the weekend. I think I'm usually pretty good at spotting a cockerel but must admit this feather color/pattern drew my eye and may have clouded my judgment. I now think she is a he. This one is also quite larger than the other 2. Tbf it was a very mixed bunch of various ages and breeds all together and I pick by what I think is pretty or I don't already have(🤷‍♀️😂). The staff new I wanted pullets because I liked one and then was like woah, that's a boy lol.

Comb is pinker and more developed and cheek tufts already there.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20240116_103648.jpg
    20240116_103648.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20240116_103807.jpg
    20240116_103807.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240116_103734.jpg
    20240116_103734.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 33
I was afraid of that! He's so pretty and as much as my rooster, Dipper, hates me(working on increasing his flock so he'll be less aggro), I wouldn't want to give him up because he is really good at his job, and I have a penchant for difficult beasts😂

Attachments

• 20231207_154638.jpg
    20231207_154638.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 43
My vote is cockerel. He is beautiful!
My local feed store is great and I know they'll swap him out for me, so at least there is that. They even offered to take Linda the rescue bantam OEGB(flock integration issues, hence a few pullets to work into the flock, when bigger) that I ended up with, but she's mine now, you know, I like the difficult ones😂

He's just so pretty and all the other similar ones were definitely cockerels!

Picked up a few pullets over the weekend. I think I'm usually pretty good at spotting a cockerel but must admit this feather color/pattern drew my eye and may have clouded my judgment. I now think she is a he. This one is also quite larger than the other 2. Tbf it was a very mixed bunch of various ages and breeds all together and I pick by what I think is pretty or I don't already have(🤷‍♀️😂). The staff new I wanted pullets because I liked one and then was like woah, that's a boy lol.

Comb is pinker and more developed and cheek tufts already there.

Thanks for your help!
Cockerel.

I was afraid of that! He's so pretty and as much as my rooster, Dipper, hates me(working on increasing his flock so he'll be less aggro), I wouldn't want to give him up because he is really good at his job, and I have a penchant for difficult beasts😂
Why do you think increasing his flock would make him less aggressive? That's just adding more hens for him to take care of, but nonetheless that will not make him any less aggressive if he does attack/threaten humans.

Swapped him out for this little lady
Can we see the body of that one?

Back
Top Bottom