Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

2. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

pips&peeps :

For your amusement: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/grd/2488222461.html

I think someone should respond to the ad (quite innocently, of course) and ask to see the proof from Dept of AG, NC State Vet School proving that they are Ameraucanas !!! (I'd do it except for the fact that I'm in Canada.)​

3. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    One question how does the vet school know there pure. And as old as they look I don't think they should have yellow legs like in the picture

4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Silly you............he just asked them and they said BRAAAWKKK Then the vet said, "yup soundsl like a chicken !!!!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Quote:
    Is that before or after they are certified by blood test? [​IMG]

6. BBrock

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    [​IMG] I just don't get people. Funny when you hear people say this is my pure frizzle ameruacana. There is nothing pure about any chicken breed with another kind of chicken.

7. BBrock

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    I think im certified to say that them yellow legs there ain't no ameraucana haha

8. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    I know nothing about the chickens, but I know A LOT about the internet and Law Enforcement.....while you find his certified pure chicken claims funny, I was roaring over his claim of turning over the information to law enforcement and pressing charges for Harrassment. I want to know "what information" and if he is aware of what law enforcment had to do to get information from Craig's list to assist in finding the "Craig's List Killer". I sincerely doubt this person has all his screws in tight, much less paperwork proving his chickens are anything other than raw food.

9. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    Quote:I laughed over that too! People sure get riled up when you tell them their Americanas or amaricaunas or whatever they have are not AMERAUCANAS!

I recently went to our county fair. The kids had quite a few "americanas" there. Not one of them spelled it right, and not one of the chickens would have met the standared for an ameraucana.

Perhaps for what they had, they DID spell it right.

I hope to have some influence in years to come in this area with the 4-H kids and introducing a little better stock into the area.

10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I know- if several people told you that your birds were not what you thought they were- wouldn't you want to know why? What are the odds of more than one person really making something like that up for the sheer pleasure of angering this one breeder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by