Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    pips&peeps :

I just need a LF cockerel, the one I purchased to restart my silver project was carrying yellow skin and now I have the yellow skin gene. So, he has to go and so do alot of the females..... [​IMG]

Jean I have some extra silver LF cockerels. I ordered them from John, and they were hatched around April 1. I have more than I need. I'm not even sure how many I have at this point.

It would just be a matter of getting it to you....

Would you happen to be going to the show in Sedalia, MO in October? I'm planning to attend. It will be the first big poultry show I have ever attended. I'm pretty excited about it already.​

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    No, but I will be at Indy. I can just send you some boxes in a few weeks and some $ and you can ship when it is cooler.

John's lines are good!

3. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    "Some people are open to learning, and others are not." said by Ivywoods [​IMG]

4. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    pips&peeps :

No, but I will be at Indy. I can just send you some boxes in a few weeks and some $ and you can ship when it is cooler.

John's lines are good!

Great! I would be happy to do so. As you said, we will have to wait a few weeks. The heat index here today was 118! We put up 256 bales of hay today, so I am hot, tired, dirty and itchy.

I will wait till it is closer to time to ship, then get some pics of the different boys to you. I am hoping to sell a few, but I want to wait so I am sure to keep the better ones. I will definitely let you pick before I sell any, however.​

5. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    I lurked so much before buying my first EE's and registering on here that I figured out they were EE's before I posted their pictures. Oh and not to mention that the place I purchased them from gave descriptions of Araucana, Ameraucana, and EE's and called their birds EE's. It is sometimes a good thing that I get lazy about registering for a forum. [​IMG]

6. Hi! Here's a chick from black x black hatched this morning that had me questioning my marking until it was completely out of the shell --- all I could see was lots of yellow and thought I might have mismarked an egg.
    Through the hatcher window:
    [​IMG]
    Notice the lack of pigment in its feet. They'll 'color up' in a day or so.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  7. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:Great! I would be happy to do so. As you said, we will have to wait a few weeks. The heat index here today was 118! We put up 256 bales of hay today, so I am hot, tired, dirty and itchy.

I will wait till it is closer to time to ship, then get some pics of the different boys to you. I am hoping to sell a few, but I want to wait so I am sure to keep the better ones. I will definitely let you pick before I sell any, however.

Ohh! Someone else has Blehm silvers? My two females are smaller and flighty-er than the wheatens I got from him, but HYSTERICAL! See???
    Here is my Sis, who IS NOT a chicken person... Well, maybe now!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and "Athena" today at almost 17 weeks! She's hyper, but sweet!

[​IMG]

8. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Let me ask you all...Here is my white cockerel from my March Blehm order. He is one snuggle-dude. See how he has a mottled iris?!? I tried to take a photo, so hopefully you can see it. He can see just fine, but his iris is not round. It looks more like all the pieces of it didn't come together. BOTH eyes are like this... I hope you can see from the photos. What would cause this?

Excuse the mess-face, please! They were just having a fig-fest...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:well that is just the cutest fluffiest lil' thing I have ever seen! lol

10. wingsofglory

wingsofglory Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Palmer Alaska
    Interesting you posted this about the iris/pupil.

I have nine blue-black-splash Ameraucanas eleven weeks old. From the first week, I noticed many of their pupils didn't seem round. A few even seemed square, and a few chicks partly round pupils, partly straight sides. Lots of black areas in the iris next to the pupil as well.

I keep thinking I'm seeing things, but everytime I check as they get older, I see the same things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by