Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:I WAS that person! I have a substantial flock of EEs and have learned the difference. No hurt feelings because I realize that it's my own fault for not doing my homework ahead of time. Buyer beware!!!

I now have the beginnings of my first flock of true B/B/S Ameraucanas - although I don't have any paperwork to prove it!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    Quote:I WAS that person! I have a substantial flock of EEs and have learned the difference. No hurt feelings because I realize that it's my own fault for not doing my homework ahead of time. Buyer beware!!!

I now have the beginnings of my first flock of true B/B/S Ameraucanas - although I don't have any paperwork to prove it!!! [​IMG]

Maybe the guy from Craigslist can help you get that all important paperwork [​IMG][​IMG] Then you'll be official! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    Maybe we could start an ameraucana registry.[​IMG]

Gees! Wouldn't THAT be a mess!

NO! I"m NOT volunteering!

4. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
  5. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Maybe the guy from Craigslist can help you get that all important paperwork [​IMG][​IMG] Then you'll be official! [​IMG]

Now THERE'S a thought!!! [​IMG]

6. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:Kind of strange looking, but doesn't seem to hinder him. Where did you get yours?

7. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I have 11 12-week-old Wheatens that I hatched from eggs from John Blehm lines (at least that's what I was told.) I LOVE these birds! They are so sweet, tame and gentle... I want more! I've had several breeds, including BBS Ameraucanas, but these are my current favorites.
    Oh, and if anyone is interested, I have extra cockerels (surprise!) Three gorgeous ones, as well as 3 without good beards and muffs. If anyone is close enough to be interested, I will GIVE them to you....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Overrun With Chickens

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:

They are adorable, look just like mine did at that age! [​IMG] [​IMG] I would hang onto them a couple more weeks if you can and they will get their adult feathers and it will be much easier to decide who to keep. [​IMG]

9. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I have a puzzle for all you Ameraucana gurus.

I have some 9 week old Black/Blue Ameraucanas. I was looking them over the other day to see which ones have to go. I have a few roos. 2 of them caught my eye as looking different. At first I couldn't figure it out but then I realized they both have black combs. The comb area is usually light pink, fleshy color or red. Their comb area is completely black. So is the flesh around their eyes and beak. The larger of the two also looks like it has a straight comb, not a rose comb. I also noticed on the larger one that the rump feathers do not stick out like the others. The feathers actually curve over the rump area kind of like a rumpless. All the other Ameraucanas look normal.

Does anyone know what's going on with these two???

10. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by