Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

anybody crossed a araucana hen with a buff orpington rooster? ive got one waiting to hatch in my incubator.. just cant wait to see how he/she will look
smile.png

Thanks! I assumed Dar told me to ask Jean because he gets eggs from her on occasion--and thus Blueballs would be her great-great grandchickie.

Quote:
I think you're getting Araucana confused.
wink.png
You probably have Easter Eggers, which yes, plenty people have crossed those two. The result comes out to be green egg laying birds with a mostly buff color, little bit of black on them though, and white legs.
smile.png

When I advertise I always put "True" Ameraucanas in my ad. People seem to understand that. I also have a good source for finding homes for unwanted roosters I can't sell. Our local feed store takes them (they have special cages set up inside the store) and they are usually all snapped up by the end of the day! I guess seeing the birds in person, people are vulnerable to impulse buying! I don't care if the feed store makes money on them, I just want to see them get a pet home
big_smile.png

Quote:
That is awesome...wish we had that opportunity here. lucky, lucky - I wouldn't care if the store made money on them either. I have a large splash copper I may have to let go and the thought he may become dinner is really heartbreaking and has kept him off Craigslist so far.

Quote:
Just as Jean said. I also noticed that the black males feather pretty slowly. At about 6 weeks - 8 weeks they will still not have back feathers and they will be a bit bigger. The combs will be noticable red as well.

:0)

Back
Top Bottom