Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    DISQUALIFICATIONS

1. Specimen lacking in breed characteristics.

Page 32 current SOP book.

ETA:

Page 200

AMERAUCANAS

DISQUALIFICATIONS

ear tuffs, absence of beard and muffs, yellow soles of foot or toes

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    pips&peeps :

DISQUALIFICATIONS

1. Specimen lacking in breed characteristics.

Page 32 current SOP book.

ETA:

Page 200

AMERAUCANAS

DISQUALIFICATIONS
    ear tuffs, absence of beard and muffs, yellow soles of foot or toes

Thanks, Jean. So they HAVE added some since my book came out. That's good. Looks like I need a new S.O.P!​

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Alrighty, I chased down our bird in question and cornered her on top of the run, where she then posed like a teenaged girl for her prom picture. Here is Iti, our EE who might actually be an Ameraucana:

[​IMG]

and a better pic of her stance:

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think. I'm seriously considering entering her into the county fair coming up in two weeks. I don't want to show up just to give the judges something to laugh at. [​IMG]

Also, for those of you who have shown your birds, would having one wing clipped disqualify her?

4. stevin

stevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Dartmouth, Ma
    she looks like a Silver Ameraucana....thats my guess, but what do i know...nada

5. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    I have an EE from Privett hatchery that looks just like her.

6. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    It seems to me that a clipped wing is DQ. She is very pretty and makes me want some like her for my flock.

7. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:That's the boat I'm in as well (different hatchery tho). It's common knowledge that hatcheries just sell people EEs when they offer Ameraucanas, but I cannot personally see any differences in my bird, and a purebred. She is only now considering laying at 21 weeks, so I havn't gotten an egg from her yet. If it's green I'll have my answer, but if it's blue I'm going to be scratching my head in confusion for ages!

8. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:That's the boat I'm in as well (different hatchery tho). It's common knowledge that hatcheries just sell people EEs when they offer Ameraucanas, but I cannot personally see any differences in my bird, and a purebred. She is only now considering laying at 21 weeks, so I havn't gotten an egg from her yet. If it's green I'll have my answer, but if it's blue I'm going to be scratching my head in confusion for ages!

Not really. I have several Ameraucanas from top breeders who lay a green egg.

9. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise

Not really. I have several Ameraucanas from top breeders who lay a green egg.

Lol nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't say that! [​IMG]

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    She is an ee, her color is not correct for a silver ameraucana, close but not correct.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by