Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

pips&peeps :

DISQUALIFICATIONS

1. Specimen lacking in breed characteristics.

Page 32 current SOP book.

ETA:

Page 200

AMERAUCANAS

DISQUALIFICATIONS

ear tuffs, absence of beard and muffs, yellow soles of foot or toes

not one broken wing feather? right...​

I have a girl that looks just like a Silver Ameraucana. She even lays robins-blue eggs but she's not an Ameraucana and I know that for certain.

I've seen a lot of EE's that look like SA's too but IMO, unless the birds come from a reputable breeder I'd never consider calling them SA's.

Does anyone have an idea what to do with a few BW adolescents? I've got 3 ok cockerels, one fairly nice pullet (then again, I don't know enough to accurately critique her), and one smaller pullet that is as loud as they come. We've nicknamed her "Mini Mouth" and what she lacks in physical stature, she makes up for by being a total drama queen. She hatched from a tiny pullet egg that was shaped like a ping-pong ball. I shouldn't have set it but the color was just AMAZING so I couldn't stop myself. She's been catching up with the rest in the size dept though.

They are Wayne Meredith stock but honestly, I'd have SO much more luck if I'd advertise them as EE's LOL.

pips&peeps :

She is an ee, her color is not correct for a silver ameraucana, close but not correct.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your feedback. I figured she was an EE, but I didn't want to completely ignore the idea she might be a purebred Ameraucana either. Thanks, that really puts my mind at ease! I still might take her to the county fair, just as an EE!​

Stupid Hawk!!!
rant.gif
How can you get attached to a bird you only had for such a short amount of time. So sweet and soft, just started laying beautiful little blue eggs...

RIP Nala (she's in the back)

57124_img_0406.jpg

The guy we got them from won't have any close to sexing till September. That will be cutting it close for the 1 month isolation weather wise.

Quote:
Hello fellow Oregonian!! I'm sorry about your Nala girl!!
sad.png
I've lost a few Silkies and bantam Ameraucanas to hawks here too. And we have a pair of bald eagles that come sit in our trees in our yard and stare at the chickens in their runs and then they glare at us, as if to say "Let them out! We're hungry!"

Back
Top Bottom