Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Your cockeral has a nice blue beard! That's really hard to find. Got eggs?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The first 4 eggs from my Smith BW pullet at 28 wks of age. Can't wait for the other 4 to start laying!
clap.gif
I'm hoping my lavender and black split girls start laying soon. They are a week younger than the W/BW and Buff girls. My 2 buff girls of the same age were the first to start laying a couple of weeks ago. It is SO exciting to find those first tiny blue eggs!
celebrate.gif

54909_p1100905.jpg

Quote:
big_smile.png

He's got really clear hackles too. Tail might be a bit high, but I can deal with that
tongue.png
Whenever the "Great Moult of 2011" is over I will have lots of eggs. I hope! Maybe we can swap some
wink.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

He's got really clear hackles too. Tail might be a bit high, but I can deal with that
tongue.png
Whenever the "Great Moult of 2011" is over I will have lots of eggs. I hope! Maybe we can swap some
wink.png

That would be great!

Quote:
Nice! Are they big eggs? The ones I got from CC and the ones that my CC/Smith lav pullet is laying are huge.

The BWs eggs are the smallest of the new layers and the buffs first eggs are a little larger than the BWs. The Shaffer lavenders hatched from medium sized eggs. Can't wait until my lavenders start laying so I can see what their eggs look like
ya.gif

Your BW boy is gorgeous! I sure wish one of mine had turned out nice enough to keep!
sad.png
It was very sad taking all three to the auction
hit.gif
I do have the beautiful wheaten boy from Jean, so I am hoping to get a nice BW rooster from him and my Smith girls
fl.gif

Picture of my BW (blues) and Buff's eggs (green) with a couple of my brown BLRW eggs for comparison. The BLRWs lay a medium sized egg.

54909_p1100916.jpg

Quote:
Nice! Are they big eggs? The ones I got from CC and the ones that my CC/Smith lav pullet is laying are huge.

The BWs eggs are the smallest of the new layers and the buffs first eggs are a little larger than the BWs. The Shaffer lavenders hatched from medium sized eggs. Can't wait until my lavenders start laying so I can see what their eggs look like
ya.gif

Your BW boy is gorgeous! I sure wish one of mine had turned out nice enough to keep!
sad.png
hit.gif
I do have the beautiful wheaten boy from Jean, so I am hoping to get a nice BW rooster from him and my Smith girls
fl.gif

Picture of my BW (blues) and Buff's eggs (green) with a couple of my brown BLRW eggs for comparison. The BLRWs lay a medium sized egg.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/54909_p1100916.jpg

Those blue eggs are awesome! I had the best color buff eggs from Gary Ramey, but unfortunately I hatched all boys
sad.png

Quote:
ya.gif

sad.png
hit.gif
fl.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/54909_p1100916.jpg

Those blue eggs are awesome! I had the best color buff eggs from Gary Ramey, but unfortunately I hatched all boys
sad.png

Out of my Meredith and Pips&Peeps eggs I hatched nine buff boys, and only 5 buff girls and only 2 girls turned out nice enough to keep. The rooster I picked developed some faults and I wasn't wise enough to keep an extra rooster, so now I have 2 girls and no rooster! They are beautiful, but what lousy egg color! I am going to keep them to make pretty EEs or experiment with breeding them to my wheaten roo
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom