Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

So all these breeds came from the same breeder?
Yes. So the EE chick dilemma has become kind of a non-issue. My son accidentally let the cat in last night, and he killed the little EE chick in the brooder.
sad.png

Overnight, 2 more Blue Ameraucana chicks hatched, and they look like true Blue Ameraucanas. No stripes at all. So I'm not what the deal was with the one chick, and right now I don't care. I'm too busy being mad at the cat.

I posted this on the ABC forum and while waiting on a response there, I thought I'd try here. I have a 3 y/o hen with sudden comb growth. It was a normal female Am comb til this spring. She is not laying this year, but her two hatchmates are laying great, and have been for about 3 weeks. She is in otherwise normal healthy.

Thoughts?

I posted this on the ABC forum and while waiting on a response there, I thought I'd try here. I have a 3 y/o hen with sudden comb growth. It was a normal female Am comb til this spring. She is not laying this year, but her two hatchmates are laying great, and have been for about 3 weeks. She is in otherwise normal healthy.

Thoughts?

My guess would be increased testosterone levels causing this.

My guess would be increased testosterone levels causing this.
That was my suspicion. Tumor related????

If she dies , I'll have a look-see, but she appears healthy for now. Maybe she'll start growing hackle and saddle feathers.
roll.png

Last edited:
My lavenders are really kicking in into high gear this season. All these years raising ameraucanas and I have never had such a productive flock. If I could just get the wheatens on the same track!
Gorgeous!!! I just hatched lav and splits today. 11 total, 7 of which are lavender. They are so cute and I am so excited about them!

Back
Top Bottom