Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I don't have a very good pic but I will post what I have. He is black with a gold saddle and mantle.
KINDLE_CAMERA_1501617147000.jpg

My Gypsy will be 10 years old next month. She is in great shape other than a touch of arthritis in her hock joints, which makes her limp a little upon standing if she's been sitting awhile. I have a splash Ameraucana still, Snow, who is almost 10 as well, but she is very crippled with arthritis. Love those girls. Both are Cree Farms stock, though they no longer breed Ameraucanas.
DSC00477b.jpg
DSC00476.JPG

My Gypsy will be 10 years old next month. She is in great shape other than a touch of arthritis in her hock joints, which makes her limp a little upon standing if she's been sitting awhile. I have a splash Ameraucana still, Snow, who is almost 10 as well, but she is very crippled with arthritis. Love those girls. Both are Cree Farms stock, though they no longer breed Ameraucanas. View attachment 1167277 View attachment 1167278

Gorgeous!! :love

What is leakage?

Leakage is the base color showing through. My first Ameraucana rooster had bleed through base color, which he did pass on to his male offspring-it can show on the females, but rarely do you notice it on them.
He had one son with such severe bleed through that it was almost silver.
My rooster-the black hen I posted above is his daughter. You can see the color showing through that should not in hackles, wings and around the comb.
DCP_8162.JPG

DCP_8801.JPG

The son of his that shows why you don't usually breed a bird with this leakage/bleed-through color:
AmeraucanaJan17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom