Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Following, hope you all don't mind... acquired 6 Silvers today, 5 hens and a cock. Sorry for the bad images, quarantine pens aren't the greatest for getting fine photography.
Male has some beak damage due to something happening a few hours after arrival here, but he should heal well.
P1270758.JPG
P1270740.JPG

Last edited:
Following, hope you all don't mind... acquired 6 Silvers today, 5 hens and a cock. Sorry for the bad images, quarantine pens aren't the greatest for getting fine photography.

View attachment 1164656

With some chicken breeds the hens can be more stunning than the males but with Silver Am's -- the boys are STUNNING! Congrats

I am interested in knowing how one can tell the difference in a true Americauna and an EE.
Ameraucana are always specific colors. If no color is specified at purchase, it is a pretty good bet your are buying an Easter Egger.
Ameraucana always have muffs, beards, white skin, pea combs, and only lay blue eggs.
Easter Eggers may or may not have muffs or beards. They usually have yellow skin. And they might lay eggs that shades of green or even pink.

I am interested in knowing how one can tell the difference in a true Americauna and an EE.

When they are listed for sale, true Ameraucanas are always designated by a variety color... if there is no variety listed or choice of varieties, or name is misspelled like Americana/Americauna, then those are usually EE's...

I only have a roo so I won't be able to tell by egg color. LOL He is black with a gold saddle and mantle and he has muffs. I will have to check closer for a beard. He does have white skin. He is a tall boy and very easy to deal with as far i am concerned but he is a teenager right now and a bully with the girls. He is plucking fethers from them and I don't want that to escalate into picking a sore on a lower ranking girl and getting her hurt by the flock. For reason I keep him separated from them most of the time. When he grows up and learns some manners I will let him back in with the rest.

I only have a roo so I won't be able to tell by egg color. LOL He is black with a gold saddle and mantle and he has muffs. I will have to check closer for a beard. He does have white skin. He is a tall boy and very easy to deal with as far i am concerned but he is a teenager right now and a bully with the girls. He is plucking fethers from them and I don't want that to escalate into picking a sore on a lower ranking girl and getting her hurt by the flock. For reason I keep him separated from them most of the time. When he grows up and learns some manners I will let him back in with the rest.
Post a pic and we can tell you if he's one of the recognized color varieties or not.

Back
Top Bottom