Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:When she pops in, just say "sorry, we're all sold out this week"....if you keep saying it, maybe she'll take a hint. [​IMG]

LOL no she wont we have tried to tell her many times we dont like it how she thinks she can stop by here all the time for eggs or call us 24/7 we mostly keep to ourselves me and my mom are country folk i was raised out in the woods with her family living up and down the dirt road ^_^ and if some non-family person came into the woods and the family didnt know them you would hear gunshots lol even the cops are afraid to go out where my aunts,uncles and cousins live [​IMG] its never dull out there

2. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:When she pops in, just say "sorry, we're all sold out this week"....if you keep saying it, maybe she'll take a hint. [​IMG]

LOL no she wont we have tried to tell her many times we dont like it how she thinks she can stop by here all the time for eggs or call us 24/7 we mostly keep to ourselves me and my mom are country folk i was raised out in the woods with her family living up and down the dirt road ^_^ and if some non-family person came into the woods and the family didnt know them you would hear gunshots lol even the cops are afraid to go out where my aunts,uncles and cousins live [​IMG] its never dull out there

Raise your price. [​IMG]

3. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    We give them to them cause we thought that her husband had cleared away some of the woods for us to build chicken coop #2 for free and then my mom heard her making a remark saying " We will get free eggs for life now " i was some kinded of PO'ED when mom told me what she said so now we are thinking of asking her husband how much to pay him for the work so she will leave us alone

4. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Quote:Since her Husband did the work, insist that HE come and get the eggs.

OR Chickens molt. While they are molting they don't lay. Could you chickens suddenly molt due to hot temps? (I know mine would. But then I wouldn't have given her the first eggs for free, I would have given them to her at a discount....cuz free for life isn't reasonable....chicken feed cost money.)

5. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah thats what my mom is going to start telling her is that they are in a molt

6. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Hey there guys. I had some Lavender Ameraucana bantams earlier this year. Hatched them out last spring. I really liked them but I ended up wanting the larger birds cause the eggs from the bantams really wasn't big enough to make much of a meal out of lol. So I sold my bantams and bought some eggs to hatch here recently for some standard sized Lavender Ameraucanas. At the same time I also got some Marans eggs but that's another bird for another thread. I don't have any photos to share of the parents these eggs came from, since the parents belong to someone else and not me but I do have a picture I took of the eggs that I bought before I sat them in the incubator today.
    [​IMG]

7. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] For a wonderful hatch rate

8. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    Quote:Best wishes for a great hatch! What are the lighter brown eggs? With your ameraucanas and your marans you'll eventually be able to make some olive eggers. Those look like pretty nice marans eggs, btw.

9. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Thanks, I hope I get a good hatch too! I'll make sure to keep everyone updated on the progress.

I really didn't want to mix them, and the marans are more for my neighbor then me, though I will be hatching out some more from the same person I got these from. These are from black copper marans and I will be getting some wheaten and maybe some blue wheaten from the same chick as soon as these eggs are done incubating.

The other eggs in there are Delaware.

10. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:how did you get those eggs dark red? that is a pretty egg now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by