Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yep, Meyer has Easter Eggers, not Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

2. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    my mom is getting 25 Ameraucanas cause she wants to sell their eggs next year for easter as all natural colored eggs due to all the recalls on plastic colored eggs from china over the years my sister and mom wont get them anymore for fear the nephews will get sick

Edit: Okay so we are getting EE not Ameraucanas? so confusing how the heck do ya'll keep up with it?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:That's a great idea!!! She will get all different colors that way...I have had a few EEs, one of them laid the BLUEest eggs I have EVER seen, a couple laid green, one lays brown, and one lays pink eggs with white speckles on them!! She'll LOVE the EEs!!! [​IMG]

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:LOL We've ALL been fooled at some point, that's why many of us get so adamant about educating others on the subject.

5. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:That's a great idea!!! She will get all different colors that way...I have had a few EEs, one of them laid the BLUEest eggs I have EVER seen, a couple laid green, one lays brown, and one lays pink eggs with white speckles on them!! She'll LOVE the EEs!!! [​IMG]

Yeah but then when easter is over we will have a ton of EE or WHATEVER CHICKEN COLORED EGG LAYER IT IS!! LOL of eggs and not sure if the co-op we sell brown eggs and beige eggs would want to eat a colored looking egg ^_^

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT

Yeah but then when easter is over we will have a ton of EE or WHATEVER CHICKEN COLORED EGG LAYER IT IS!! LOL of eggs and not sure if the co-op we sell brown eggs and beige eggs would want to eat a colored looking egg ^_^

Oh you'd be surprised!! I have people specifically request blue eggs ALL the time!! [​IMG]

7. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Well this annoying neighbor down the street is always calling asking for eggs and its starting to get on our nerves cause she thinks she can just pop down here for eggs whenever she wants and i told mom instead of giving her brown eggs after easter start giving her the EE eggs taste should be the same but we found out her special-needs adopted son he gave their bulldogs 3 dozen eggs to eat.... And that made us mad so we are really thinking of not giving her eggs anymore

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:When she pops in, just say "sorry, we're all sold out this week"....if you keep saying it, maybe she'll take a hint. [​IMG]

9. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:Yeah but then when easter is over we will have a ton of EE or WHATEVER CHICKEN COLORED EGG LAYER IT IS!! LOL of eggs and not sure if the co-op we sell brown eggs and beige eggs would want to eat a colored looking egg ^_^

Oh you'd be surprised!! I have people specifically request blue eggs ALL the time!! [​IMG]

I have customers that insist on my blue/green eggs. They swear they taste better.

10. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Quote:Adorable!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by