Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Zonoma

Zonoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Northern Kentucky
    Edited: Wrong place. [​IMG] Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Do they only lay green and blue? i have heard of yellow and pinkish but i thought it varys from the Aracuna and blue and green was from the Ameraucana

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:True Ameraucanas should only lay blue eggs, some have a green tinge to them, especially if they are a project color, or someone has crossed something else in to make improvements in their line. I have seen some VERY green eggs from some wheaten bantams recently, but they SHOULD be blue. Pink, yellow, and any other color are from Easter Eggers, not true Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:True Ameraucanas should only lay blue eggs, some have a green tinge to them, especially if they are a project color, or someone has crossed something else in to make improvements in their line. I have seen some VERY green eggs from some wheaten bantams recently, but they SHOULD be blue. Pink, yellow, and any other color are from Easter Eggers, not true Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

My lavs have a bit of green tinge and believe it or not but my BROWN REDS have the nicest darkest egg color.

5. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL

Okay wait what is the diffrence between a Ameraucana and a EE? arent they the same thing?

6. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
  7. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Nope nope nope nope nope! EEs lay differents colors of eggs... And have all kinds of crazy colors! The ameraucanas breed true. If u breed an EE blue wheaton to E blue whaton you could get almost any color.. They are so geneticly screwed up...

8. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hey thanks lol

9. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    ohhhh well i dont know anything about the breed really i know we are ordering Ameraucanas from Meyer Hatchery

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT

Okay wait what is the diffrence between a Ameraucana and a EE? arent they the same thing?

The major confusion comes from the fact that almost all hatcheries and feed stores sell EEs AS Ameraucanas.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by