Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I am no expert, but I do have both EE's and pure Ameraucanas. These look exactly like my EE's did as chicks. I was also told they were "Ameraucanas" when I got them. Also, it's my understanding, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if you mix the colors of pure Ameraucanas, they are automatically referred to as EE's.

EE's are wonderful though! Very friendly and social. Not to mention beautiful! You've got some great EE chicks. All of mine lay a pretty mint green to light blue egg. Hope that helps
big_smile.png

I don't have as much experiance with EE as I do with ameraucanas, and yes they are considered EEs, but I think ''non standard ameraucanas" Is a fairer name
big_smile.png
I have heard EEs are good birds though.

non standard ameraucanas are technically EE, I just don't call them that, as they have pure blood, just not looks. an EE is any bird who doesn't meet the ameraucana standard. the blue and black chicks look like that's what they are. Not sure about the others....

I have crossed a rooster (direct fromGFF) with 4 very nice wheaten smeraucana Pullets from 3 different sources. All the chicks looked very similar. Very like a cream Legbar in coloring. But with muffs/beards and one had a crest. They turned out to be fabulous birds. The 4 I kept till laying age are laying machines of fabulous blue eggs, except one who lays a lighter blue tinted egg. As chicks I had people driving 100 miles round trip for them and was not able to keep up with requests for chicks. As I am space limited I will not create too many this year but will for sure create some more.
Will post pics later.

Thanks for your comment. I am getting some Legbar eggs next month.

Back
Top Bottom