Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hey everyone. I'm growing out some Wheaten and Blue Wheaten. As chicks they all seem to have color in the wings. They are almost 3 weeks old now. My question is , I'm starting to see some blue feathers and some without. What is my window for marking/banding my Wheatens from Blue Wheatens. The reason I'm asking is the hens look soooo much alike once they are fully grown. How long is my window for seeing the blue feathers on the females. And when they are full size will i be able to tell the Blue Wheaten hens from my Wheaten ones, or should i be separating them now.

celebrate.gif
ya.gif
I took the plunge and am getting Ameraucans! They will be wheaten and blue wheaten. I'm going to get hatching eggs and they should be here Monday.

Out of my 7 ameraucana eggs, only one hatched. I was disappointed, but at least I got one. I was really happy that it was one of the blues. While I like white ameraucanas if I had to pick a would rather have a blue.

Well here she (hopefully a girl my luck it will be a rooster) is

Hi,

I am getting into this wonderful breed, as well. I tried to hatch some blue wheaten ameraucana eggs but only one hatched. I think it is a pullet but it is only 6 weeks old. It has the blueish, grey feathers in the wings and tail. I also got some black and blue ameraucana chicks from Whitmore Farms.

I am interested in getting some more blue wheaten and blue/splash ameraucanas. Is anyone here bring some to the Gilmanor Swap on May 4th?

I'm thinking about starting a breeding flock of Ameraucana's my self! But first ill have to build a breeding pen for them and then find some nice ones! So I'm on the look for some! Don't know what color though! Any ideas on which color to breed??

Back
Top Bottom