Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

can someone post a breeding color chart with all the colors including wheaten to black blue to brown red blue to wheaten ect. thanks

There is a nice list of all the accepted colors with photo links on the Ameraucana Club's website: http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Or do you mean the way color works with breeding different colors together? My undestanding is the only colors you can mix and get proper colored Ameraucanas out of are the Blue/Black/Splash varieties and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten varieties. Any other combination will give you EEs.

Well i picked up my new black ameraucana cockerel. I would sau he os decent looking. He has a couple white feathers on him. If I breed him will some of his offspring end up with white in their feathers? He isnt very old either, if i had to guess i would sau he is 4 or 5 months old. his tail hasnt completly grown in yet. I also got a black pullet. She is 19 weeks old. I habent really looked her over good yet but i didnt see any white feathers or anything. I will try and post pics sometime this weekend and see what you guys think as far as show and breeder quality.

Here are some pictures of my Paul Smith babies hatched the end of March, can I get some feedback?

The first pics are of the ones that I have chosen to keep.

This is the black cockerel I'm keeping, I think he's got good substance.

I'm keeping all of the splashes

But I like this hen the best because I think her splashes are more precise and well pencilled.

This is the BBS Roo that I'm keeping

This is the only black hen that I got (with four cockerels)

I'm really happy with her though

More pics of the cockerel I am keeping, I like his tail set too.

Back
Top Bottom