Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

@chickee

I started trying to guess which chicks were which breeds....

The first must be the Brahma, right? The ones with fluffy heads must be the polish... But I wasn't positive about the others.

Awww! Such cute chick pics! None here yet, but they're on their way - another couple weeks in the 'bator. Can't wait, can't wait! Candled a few today and they're looking good so far.
big_smile.png

I've been lurking for quite some time and have made it to around post #9200. I'm running out of stamina, but love, love, love this thread.

Thought I'd come out of lurking mode for a bit and share a couple pics - made it out there with the camera today even though the snow's a-flying. Hopefully we'll get better ones come springtime after they've filled out some. No broodies, yet - although a BCM was thinking about it and found a good hidey spot to boot. Too cold to stick with that business, though.

Here's Mighty:

He belongs to my youngest son and we have 16 of his babies in the incubator. He's a big boy and so, so calm and gentle.

Here's Drumstick:

He belongs to my oldest son - 8 of his babies in the incubator.

And a couple of the ladies ...

We're looking forward to setting more eggs from them for the Easter hatch-along.
jumpy.gif
I never thought I'd like chickens so much - so glad the boys chose Ameraucanas for their 4-H projects!
Pretty! Way too much fun hatching chicks . . I have W/BW Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers, Golden Cuckoo Marans and d'Anver chicks due to hatch next week and I am already looking at more eggs to buy
lol.png

@chickee

I started trying to guess which chicks were which breeds....

The first must be the Brahma, right? The ones with fluffy heads must be the polish... But I wasn't positive about the others.
Picture #1 Golden Cuckoo Marans pullets.
Picture #2 d'Avers in khaki quail, buff Columbian, dun Cuckoo and dun Quail.
Picture #3 Easter Eggers
Picture #4 Bantam Buff Laced Polish
Picture #5 Easter Egger and buff Ameraucana

Hi everyone, I need some expert advice. Last year I bought some hatching eggs which were suppose to be blue wheaton ameraucanas. This roo is out of that hatch. Blue wheaton or blue EE??? I need help before I decide what to do with him. Thanks for your help :)

And here is a front view, either way he has color bleeding in his chest...
sad.png
Sorry, he is an EE.

This is what a true blue wheaten Ameraucana should look like.

And this is what the hens should look like.

Oh, and if you want true W/BW Ameraucanas I am going to be delivering chicks to Kmollyhughs (she lives in Nevada and posts on the Nevada thread) in the next couple of weeks. She could bring you some eggs if you have an incubator.

Last edited:
Sorry, he is an EE. This is what a true blue wheaten Ameraucana should look like. And this is what the hens should look like.
Oh sad, but that was what I was thinking. I had been keeping my fingers crossed but he will be a year this summer and was looking pretty EE to me. :( Thanks so much for your help :)

Oh sad, but that was what I was thinking. I had been keeping my fingers crossed but he will be a year this summer and was looking pretty EE to me.
sad.png
Thanks so much for your help
smile.png

Oh sad, but that was what I was thinking. I had been keeping my fingers crossed but he will be a year this summer and was looking pretty EE to me.
sad.png
Thanks so much for your help
smile.png
See that I added I have hatching eggs if you have an incubator or maybe kmollyhughs would be up to hatching some eggs for you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom