Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

You are gently confirming my fears :-/
No spurs have kept me hopeful but now I'm looking for a home for him....I live in South Lake Tahoe, ca...any takers? Beautiful bird and social...but can't keep roo's.

I have been reading, reading, and reading some more in this thread, lol. I love it, and all the info from everyone, and all those that help the rest of us. AFTER doing a lot of reading here, I realize that the chicks I just bought as Ameraucanas are more than likely EE, although some of the traits that mine have are listed as real Ameraucanas, the grey legs with white under their feet, the mostly bone colored beaks (not yellow). I have wanted these chickens forever because I remember the blue eggs from years ago... but oh well, I got what I got. These young pullets (supposedly) came from a feed/pet store that has a very good reputation. One of them already has a problem with her beak, and of course it is my favorite one. This has just come up this last week, and yes, I did do a LOT of reading in that thread too, if she gets any worse I am going to have to do something drastic, which I don't ever want to do.... *sigh* Here's the pictures of my babies, 2 1/2 weeks old now. I'll bet anything you're going to say they're EEs....

You are gently confirming my fears :-/
No spurs have kept me hopeful but now I'm looking for a home for him....I live in South Lake Tahoe, ca...any takers? Beautiful bird and social...but can't keep roo's.

check it's comb, it should be small and pale by now if it's a girl. Two of my roosters turned out to be hens.

Well "Divine" let out his first crow this morning. And that's one bright red comb!!
Any advice or help on placing him? I'm in Lake Tahoe,ca but happy to drive him 100 miles radius (or more if I need to) he deserves a good home! Hate to give him up but I can't keep Roos in my community. Lucky I can keep my hens!
Thanks everyone. This is a great website.

Your chickens are beautiful! I have an ameroucana hen! She isn't a purebred! She is broody at the moment and she is hatching18 eggs!! Cant wait for them all to hatch.
Those birds sure are nice but sadly not mine. All I have is a few blue and black Ameraucana chicks from Will Morrow.

I have 2 ameraucanas, 1 wheaten and one blue wheaten, along with a blue wheaten rooster. They are not laying good at all neither are my cl.

How many eggs are you getting a week and what are you feeding them? One food I tried with my birds caused them to lay less and less then quit. Changing food back caused them to resume laying after a few days, but it took a while to get production back up to normal.

Out of all my ameraucanas only 4 are of laying age. Yesterday I didn't collect eggs, but saw there were two and today 4 more, collecting a total of 6 in two days. I was rather shocked, my AMs haven't proved to be good layers and never expected them to be. But I would be thrilled if this 6 eggs every two days thing continue.

How many eggs are you getting a week and what are you feeding them? One food I tried with my birds caused them to lay less and less then quit. Changing food back caused them to resume laying after a few days, but it took a while to get production back up to normal.

purina layena layer pellets. Those 2 are the only ones having problems. I dont get any eggs from them.

Back
Top Bottom