Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Also, you may be able to post your location on the splash wheaten group on FB and find a buyer that route if someone is close by. There are several people that are currently trying to grow the number of splash wheatens in their flocks. Splash wheatens are also beneficial in making pretty blue wheatens (wheaten x splash wheaten matings).

Yes I live in Central Florida and I would love a splash wheaten roo. Someone will snatch him up if you find the right group.

Yes I live in Central Florida and I would love a splash wheaten roo. Someone will snatch him up if you find the right group.

I really like splash wheatens, particularly the pullets/hens.
1f60a.png
They have a very clean look to them. I have been trying to grow my number of those to pair with a wheaten rooster next season. I like this pullet. She wouldn't stand upright for a photo so her tail angle looks a little funny. Lol.

I think I like them the best as well. I love the random patterning of splashes. They're my favorite. If I lived near you I would share, but I live in WA.
I really like splash wheatens, particularly the pullets/hens.
1f60a.png
They have a very clean look to them. I have been trying to grow my number of those to pair with a wheaten rooster next season. I like this pullet. She wouldn't stand upright for a photo so her tail angle looks a little funny. Lol.

I'm hoping I have at least one splash girl, I have one that I can't see any color on so she's either a light blue or splash.

I think I like them the best as well. I love the random patterning of splashes. They're my favorite. If I lived near you I would share, but I live in WA.
I'm hoping I have at least one splash girl, I have one that I can't see any color on so she's either a light blue or splash.

I hope so too!
1f60a.png

Here are some photos of 5 week old black Ameraucanas for you to compare yours to. Paul Smith shipped these to me in early June. Some of them are feathering in a little faster than the others (like the one in the last pic). Hope that helps!
1f60a.png

Quite helpful! I think they must be 3 weeks, I have no idea what that breeder was thinking! they also said they were blue but realized her husband got it wrong! Maybe she's got chicken math on the brain? I'm just hoping I didn't get olive eggers on accident as they breed those too on their farm.

Quite helpful! I think they must be 3 weeks, I have no idea what that breeder was thinking! they also said they were blue but realized her husband got it wrong! Maybe she's got chicken math on the brain? I'm just hoping I didn't get olive eggers on accident as they breed those too on their farm.

Interesting. I hope not either.
1f60c.png
You can view more photos and additional info about Ameraucanas at http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org.

I read about them,wish I did a bit more research before I bought them. If I had known they were only 3 weeks I would've just considered finding new baby chicks in colors I wanted... Time will tell about these two!
3 weeks is still young enough to add in some young chicks without too much pecking order stuff going on.
What do they use to make their Olive Eggers? My husband gets my chicken stuff confused all the time. That's why I tell him now to just direct people to me, I don't want accidental false info getting out.

The two were sold to me when they were a few days old as Ameracauna's. Then I was told by some one they were Easter Egger's. Any opinions on what they are for sure? I fugred some one on this site would know

Back
Top Bottom