Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Howdy all. I received a phone call from a woman in Manning, South Carolina, looking to buy a few blue egg laying pullets - Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers - she just wants blue eggs. I am in Montana and obviously, she did not want to pay the shipping for a few birds from me, but I told her I would see if I couldn't find her a breeder closer to her neck of the woods. PM me and I can give you her info if you've got birds for her. Thanks, Megan.

I am wondering how you know whether a hen is a "true" Ameraucana or an Easter Egger. I know that some of the birds I got from the feed store are EEs, but I have one that I hatched from a guy who said they were from a breeder and 2 that I got from people at a poultry swap, one that I think may be more "pure" than my others.

What is the breed definition/ standard and how do I know if any of mine are true or all EEs. I don't care either way, I just want to know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Curious, what color is normal for the legs of a Wheaten Am?
The site listed above does not mention coloring...

ETA: Amy, the Am X OE Roo I have that I hatched from your eggs has yellow legs. Does this come from the Wellie in the OE mix? The girl has green legs.

Last edited:
I love all the baby chick pics!
tongue.png
I need to correct myself, I have blue splash Ameraucanas. I love how soft they are!

Quote:
Wheatens will have blue-ish grey legs when they mature. They start out really pale though.

Right about the OEs Steve. I have 5 of them growing out now and 3 you'd almost swear are pure wheaten, the other 2 have definite wellie yellow!

Quote:
Wheatens will have blue-ish grey legs when they mature. They start out really pale though.

Right about the OEs Steve. I have 5 of them growing out now and 3 you'd almost swear are pure wheaten, the other 2 have definite wellie yellow!

The AM x OE girl I have is beautiful! Possibly my favorite of all I've hatched this Spring which includes Wellies, Marans, Barnies, Lav Ams & the other OEs from you...

Back
Top Bottom