Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
If you can see 3 rows already- yes- probably a roo. Seems like that's all I can get as far as the buff go
roll.png

Quote:
If you can see 3 rows already- yes- probably a roo. Seems like that's all I can get as far as the buff go
roll.png

Aw shucks! He's my favorite too..o well. The other two chicks I got I think are pullets they both ee's and so far their combs are pretty much flat so 1 outta 3 ain't bad

woot.gif

My son won a blue ribbon for his Ameraucana breed poster today at our fair!! Fair doesn't actually start until Tuesday, but the educational displays were due and judged today. It will be displayed for the public to see all week long. It tells a bit about the breed, the differences between EEs and Ams, and it even quotes Jean: "There is no "I" in Ameraucana"!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
AWESOME!

I just went to the Indiana State Fair today and I was disappointed at the quality of birds at the show. There were only TWO real LF Ameraucanas in AOSB class and there were several bantams but only blue and black. There were a bunch of EEs there. There was also one bantam cock bird that looked like those blue golds Jerry Segler brought to the National last year.... I wasn't overly impressed. I also spent some time in the goat barn and the quality of Pygmies (which I raised for years) was much better than the poultry.... most of the animals at the fair were good overall quality but I was overly disappointed at the poultry's quality. It looked more like a county fair than a state fair....

Quote:
Congratulations to your son for his fair winning poster. My youngest son is just finishing his last yer in 4-H, and my daughter ended last year....Many good experiences and good times. My son got a special award last year, for stepping up and taking care of his sisters chickens, ducks and geese when she injured her knee and had to have surgery. Three years ago he made a 4 x 8 coop as a woodworking project for our first heritage chickens. Lots of nice folks in 4-H, and good values.
frow.gif

Thanks everyone, I'll pass along the congrats to him. I'll post a pic of the poster after fair (it's too dark in the exhibit hall to get a good poc with my cell). Jean had a pic of the old version of the poster but he changed it a little to "freshen it up" for fair.
smile.png

Quote:
That's awesome Jeanine! Congrats to him! We should schedule lunch this week before he goes back to school so he can ham it up with Graham. Also call me so we can talk about the cupcakes for sat!

Back
Top Bottom