1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucanas from chickhatchery.com?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickenmomma16, Mar 2, 2013.

1. chickenmomma16

chickenmomma16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    Has anyone had experience with chickhatchery? I have just started looking into silver Ameraucanas. Does anyone know what the quality of their birds is like?

2. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    John blehm is an ameraucana breeder so i am sure he probably had nice chicks. Its really hard to find silver ameraucanas. I had a few a few years ago. L iked the color but found they were very flighty and not very friendly. Very standoffish. I have found the lavenders to be the friendliest and most docile of the breed. Hope this helps

3. chickenmomma16

chickenmomma16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    Thats good to know he is a reputable breeder. Unfortunately he is all sold out... they are going to be hard to find :/ I will keep the temperment issue in mind going in to this. The color choice is not set in stone, just out of the acceptable colors it was the one I was most attracted to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by