America is on Fire

I thought this thread was done. So sorry I missed your posts.
How's it all going where you all are right now? @Dancingwnature @black-cat @CickenCanoe
We've just started a week or so of solid rain, here in Skagit Valley in the NW corner of Washington State. It's helping to clear the smoke from the air, thank goodness. As we're surrounded by high mountains in our remote area, we've already started having the long power outages from falling trees and slides... common stuff here. Friends in CA and OR are still suffering. I wish there were more we could do to help!

We've just started a week or so of solid rain, here in Skagit Valley in the NW corner of Washington State. It's helping to clear the smoke from the air, thank goodness. As we're surrounded by high mountains in our remote area, we've already started having the long power outages from falling trees and slides... common stuff here. Friends in CA and OR are still suffering. I wish there were more we could do to help!
I hope families are being housed. What on earth will be happening with their animal's and the wildlife. :( :hugs

I hope families are being housed. What on earth will be happening with their animal's and the wildlife. :( :hugs
[/QUOTE
I hope so too. Our wildlife here reacted pretty strongly to the smoke. The birds were eerily quiet. A 3 year old black bear spent lots of time high up in a cedar several meters from my house. He seemed so afraid. It's heartbreaking. During our last local fire in '18, the wildlife moved in a panic.

Praying animal rescue's can help these creatures soon. The problem is their lives will be in turmoil as well.
Have you heard of any offers of help from other countries at all?
No I haven't heard anything. But, I don't have a satellite dish, so I don't watch television - just some things on YouTube. My desire for some form of sanity during these dark times keeps me from wanting a tele. :oops:

A study from Stanford University says that the smoke may have killed 1000 people mostly over age 65 from asthma, heart attacks and strokes. 26 have died from the fires outright.

That is immediate death too not long term deaths.

A study from Stanford University says that the smoke may have killed 1000 people mostly over age 65 from asthma, heart attacks and strokes. 26 have died from the fires outright.

That is immediate death too not long term deaths.
Meanwhile it is barely mentioned over here deeply upset our gov has offered no help, has any other country offered any services at all?

Now you'll know I am a dinosaur, I remember clear blue skies with white fluffy clouds and when the clouds turned dark we had a storm due. A red sky only happened when the next day was going to be a beautiful one "Red sky at night, Shepherds delight".
Young people have never experienced these wonders, and many people my age and older can't even remember. :(
Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom