American Gamefowl

No he's up all day and most of the night. Most birds are on roost here between 8:30-9:30pm back up crowing around 4:30-5am and that's mostly because he's up crowing.

Sometimes I can't sleep well anyhow I've watched him on camera still doing the same deal as regular during the day at 2-3am multiple times Heck countless it's normal for him. Its been like this since penned ain't a thing wrong with him he's just a busy body but is also really calm so I was just wondering if anyone else has seen such.
How does he see?

Gotcha.
Well, I know all of mine stay on the roost at night unless someone gets into it and gets knocked off(my laying hens:rolleyes:) BUT, they don't sleep all the time LOL I have a cam in the coop, I watch them (big surprise there!) They sleep for a bit then just sit there with their eyes open looking around. Sometimes preen or yeah, get into it LOL

100% not a lazy boy.
Do you have an outdoor light?
Never mind, should have read the last posts...
It doesn't take much light to stimulate chickens. Inside commercial layer houses, it seems pretty dark, to me, but it is enough light to stimulate them to lay.

I was trying to reply on the MO thread, then this ‘Shaw’ update popped up...

I’m completely lost on this thread, but always miss it... once my BYC stuff looses track of this one particular for me :rolleyes:...

...hope everyone’s bird are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom