American Gamefowl

I've not had a drake be friendly with ducklings.
But I have known other people to say theirs co -parent. I would rather just not take the chance and keep them separate.
Drakes are the worst. Even wild ducks will sometimes drown a hen by continually mating them. Man they piss me off. I went nuts one day on those khaki Campbell’s. I saw enough and shot em dead in the yard. They are brutal bastards. Worse than any rooster I’ve ever seen.

If I have a doubt about a rooster being rough he won't make it into a pen. I have a dang nice great black/dmm I mean a machine but he needs more time or he's just not brood fowl just a great individual. I despise a rooster beating on his lady.
Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.
It’s best to separate them when molting. Some good roosters get awfully pissy when they’re molting. If I see a rooster teeing off on a hen I pull them out right then and there and it’s curtains for him. I had a black last year that I thought broke a hens wing. He was already pissing me off cause he wouldn’t let the hen get any corn. I saw that hen though with her wing down. Looked like it was broken. It wasn’t and she’s 100% perfect now but he lost his head.

Drakes are the worst. Even wild ducks will sometimes drown a hen by continually mating them. Man they piss me off. I went nuts one day on those khaki Campbell’s. I saw enough and shot em dead in the yard. They are brutal bastards. Worse than any rooster I’ve ever seen.
Yes they are the two Cayuga drake we had were horrible they’d hold a hen down in a heart beat that pissed me off plus there messy as hell they didn’t last long they’d fight keeping the chickens away from feed and everything needless to say they tasted good lol

It’s best to separate them when molting. Some good roosters get awfully pissy when they’re molting. If I see a rooster teeing off on a hen I pull them out right then and there and it’s curtains for him. I had a black last year that I thought broke a hens wing. He was already pissing me off cause he wouldn’t let the hen get any corn. I saw that hen though with her wing down. Looked like it was broken. It wasn’t and she’s 100% perfect now but he lost his head.

A slew of does and donts and grey areas but that's about one everyone I know would agree with. I give stags/bull stags a chance but never with a bird that just outta the blue goes HAM.

Yes they are the two Cayuga drake we had were horrible they’d hold a hen down in a heart beat that pissed me off plus there messy as hell they didn’t last long they’d fight keeping the chickens away from feed and everything needless to say they tasted good lol
I kept the khaki Campbell hen but she would chase off some hens sometimes. She would drop her head and charge at them. Well...she pulled that sh*t with a stag one day when I was standing in the yard talking to a buddy. He was just asking about what kind of duck she was and I said “the annoying kind” just about that time she had run up on that stag and he dropped her stone dead.

I kept the khaki Campbell hen but she would chase off some hens sometimes. She would drop her head and charge at them. Well...she pulled that sh*t with a stag one day when I was standing in the yard talking to a buddy. He was just asking about what kind of duck she was and I said “the annoying kind” just about that time she had run up on that stag and he dropped her stone dead.

I believe I heard the trainer (peacock) the other day he ready for the up coming season? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom