American Gamefowl

That’s a nice feed, but So many different ways to skin a cat. I will say this and others can attest to it that feed pellets as their main source the birds I got from them and the birds I have let go feel and act like they supposed too.
I tried to get fancy years ago mixing myself and it may have made me feel better, but I never noticed a real change in the birds and some if any were negative. Like I said a few post back when I quoted Rock I live in the mountains of NC and nearest place is belle farms over an hour and a half away and only way to justify such is to probably buy in bulk which I don’t feel like would make or break the birds just my wallet lol. In the end do what works for you that goes for anybody.
Oh yeah definitely, I pay 10 bucks a bag for this feed which is a pretty good deal for a local mill. I use them for goat feed and my cow feed so even though it’s an hour drive it’s worth it for me when I go get a month or two supply at a time. Hard to find quality feed around here for under $15 a bag, so the money I save beats the money I spend on gas. All in all, I probably save a good 400 a month on all my feed buying from them, I’m not ashamed to say that I can’t afford the big name brand bags for all the critters running around here😂 but honestly I like it, it does my turkeys, ducks, chickens, and quail good and keeps em healthy which is the most important to me

Sounds like ya got it made then. I can’t justify almost an hour and 50mins one way for chicken feed when what I got works just fine and it sure ain’t gonna be no $10 haha belle farms if I recall was $30 a bag a few years ago I’m sure it’s inflated since.

On another note supposed to snowuntil Tuesday. We have basically gotten snow every Friday for awhile now.
B14CB6C4-3FEF-4C04-9B09-B0F2B4A3426E.jpeg

Sounds like ya got it made then. I can’t justify almost an hour and 50mins one way for chicken feed when what I got works just fine and it sure ain’t gonna be no $10 haha belle farms if I recall was $30 a bag a few years ago I’m sure it’s inflated since.

On another note supposed to snowuntil Tuesday. We have basically gotten snow every Friday for awhile now.
View attachment 2510053
If I started paying 30 a bag for feed I’d have to sale all my other ones off😂😂 that local mill has a good deal for feed if you go straight to them. Goat feed and cow feed aint but 8 bucks a bag
It’s storming and in the high sixties low seventies here, been raining off and on for the past two or three weeks. Makes it hard to stay ahead of the mud but ain’t much you can do except move pens around when ya can

View attachment 2510053
Just a skiffin' of snow here with freezing rain. I think it will move on out of here soon. Makes for just a slushy mess really.
Yesterday was fairly warm. A few of the girls were out to steal some goodies while I checked the layer coop😃
1612101988867.png

Just a skiffin' of snow here with freezing rain. I think it will move on out of here soon. Makes for just a slushy mess really.
Yesterday was fairly warm. A few of the girls were out to steal some goodies while I checked the layer coop😃
View attachment 2510098

Was pretty here mid week high 40s and it straight turns like it always does and more cold weather lol. Friday I went to ER thought I was having heart issue kepted having pains, numbness and tingling over the course of a week and a half. It turns out the arthritis has got to my spine and caused a bunch of pinched nerves. Buncha big words and a CT scan later I’m glad it wasn’t heart related. I had been trying to get into the doctors but last time I seen one was 6years ago and with this covid mess hardly any doctors up here are taking new patients and I knew the weather was supposed to get rough figured I had to do something before we got snowed in for a few days just in case lol.

Birds are looking good an healthy.

Any info on what he is?
Let's see all of him too! :)
Sure! He is a Mexican breed called “alequin” which are basically like seramas, fiesty, small, you get the point. We bought him at the flea market because my daughters have a serama pullet and wanted a cockerel for her. I took pictures of his full body on my camera, but I don’t have him with me. My daughters took him to their dads house so he and the hen, which we named Aguacate, could be together. So, we have 3 seramas, two of which are featured in my profile picture, and one alequin/ the Mexican serama. In total, we have 11 chickens, but we don’t keep them all together because of size and age difference.

Back
Top Bottom