American serama thread!

Has anyone had a chick colored like this one? How does it turn out?

On left, He's my only golden (non-white) chick.
View attachment 1845670

He started getting a white chest.
img_8328-copy-jpg.1837283

He's 5.5 wks now and the white has spread to his back:
View attachment 1845667
I'm thinking buff mottled?

He may yet be a female. Until they lay or crow or grow sickle feathers.....
My males seem to develop early. Their little combs & wattles just "pop" out around 3 wks.

The chicks are 6 wks old today. The adopted mama was allowed to take them out for some free ranging this afternoon I sold all but the one male serama chick. His siblings are 2 orpingtons and an 10 wk old Leghorn (who for some reason wanted to hang with this group rather than her own hatch mates).
IMG_8490 copy.jpg
IMG_8514 copy.jpg
IMG_8515 copy.jpg

Just want to show off my new toy, a trail cam. Shoots some really nice video for a trail cam and I stuck it in one of my serama cages. 1 little cockerel and his parents.

Neat!
You should also check out the cameras from Wyze. If you have WiFi and electric to your coop, these cameras are neat and cheap. $20 each, nothing else to buy! I have 5 of them around my yard. You can watch them live from anywhere and if you add a micro-SD card, it records everything too. You can also set it to individually record event like movement or sound. The app is super easy to review too, if something happens that you want to go back and check. I also move them around occasionally to watch broodies or certain areas.

One of mine captured my call ducks flying across my yard.

Back
Top Bottom