American serama thread!

Quote:
Would a rabbit hutch type breeder, or brooder too, keep a snake out? It would make a good trio pen, and have more protection from snakes I would think. Hahaha, if you find the snake I could drive up and whack it with a shovel ... if it wouldn't take so long to get there!

Quote:
I love that picture! I have 4 seramas I just received a few weeks ago and 5 in the incubator, I really love these little birds.

Thanks
smile.png
Some of the other pictures weren't as flattering ... silkie feathers just don't come in as nice from some views. My DH was commenting that the chick reminds him of my mom and my uncle (because of the beak) ... but we won't tell them that!

The thing is I though that the pen was like fort knox. I still have no idea how it got in. I my raises cockatials and the snakes still get in her aviary and climb up the walls to the nesting boxes. I remember checking the boxes when i was a teenager and looking at a snake that had eaten eggs or babies. Iwould be all curled up in those little boxes peering back at me. creepy!!

Quote:
Just hang in there Susan, I know there are people somewhat close to you. Seramas are the bomb!
woot.gif

Did you go to the SCNA (Serama Council or North America) website? If you look and find the representative for your state, they should be able to direct you to someone who has young birds for sale. I have hatched quite a few Serama eggs that were shipped. You just have to be prepared that one time you might get 75% hatch, and the next time might be 0 or 1 chick out of a bunch of eggs. It's a good way to bring in some unrelated birds. You can find BYC members selling Serama hatching eggs on BYC in the Index under hatching eggs. There are not always Seramas, but quite often. Also, there are some breeders who sell eggs on ebay, but you would want to check their feedback.

Oh, I looked at their breeder list and there is someone in Ohio, here's the link
smile.png
Hope you find some Seramas soon!!!
http://www.scnaonline.org/breeder-directory.html

Back
Top Bottom