American serama thread!

Quote:
Do you suppose just maybe the person is new to this and didn't realize the costs and reasons for? The only way to educate with any meaning that will sink in AND not drive a person away is with kindness. Thanks, Ruth. You provided a great answer and delivered it with kindness. Since I am new to Seramas as well I appreciate it.

Since we are introducing - my name is Morgan and I have 4 silkies, 6 bantam Cochin, 1 Plymouth and 1 Serama with hopes of a couple more to come!

Thank you for being nice about it seems people get all wound up easy these days. I am not new to Seramas I have a large Beautiful flock of smooth and silkie birds and I too have bought and sold seramas on here I just honestly think 100. plus shipping is a lot to ask for a two year old bird that rarley lays.
Morgan if you would like to buy some real pretty birds with nice type in smooth or silkied send me a pm and I'll send you some pics

Last edited:
Quote:

X2......they look like they have some wheaten in them.

How are your family & birds doing????? It was a pleasure to meet your whole family Ray, I hope your wife & daughter had fun at the show as much as you, me and your son (Andrew).

Welcome to the serama world Whitney & Morgan!!!!!! I am Joey, my addiction to serama started 3 yrs ago and unable to recover regardless to all the rehab I have been to.
lau.gif
hide.gif

My Serama's are finally over the moulting slump and laying again. I even hatched out a couple this week, a black and a chipmunk striped chick. I have several more in the incubator so hopefully they're fertile too. AND, some of my pullets have begun to lay. One of Miss Prissy and Blue-T's chicks is a young pullet in lay now. I also have the first eggs from my young black pullets with a young cockerel that has just gotten started too. He's black with red hackles but not as much red as my older roosters. It's been so tough finding a good black rooster that I guess I'm going to have to wait till I can make my own and that could take some time. Anyone with a good black rooster is urged to PM me
wink.png

I don't have photo's of the 2 chicks, I'll wait a while, they're still a bit sticky looking,
tongue.png
They seem to be thriving though and out with a few Araucana chicks in the brooder in the garage. I got 6 eggs today, some from the chocolate pen, some of the younger cockerels have not been real fertile yet and I've had some incubator issues so my fingers are crossed and I'm working on an incubator made from a dorm fridge size wine cooler. I have it wired now, yup did it myself, and it's on so we'll see how stable the temps are by tomorrow.

N.WChickenGuy :

Quote:
Do you suppose just maybe the person is new to this and didn't realize the costs and reasons for? The only way to educate with any meaning that will sink in AND not drive a person away is with kindness. Thanks, Ruth. You provided a great answer and delivered it with kindness. Since I am new to Seramas as well I appreciate it.

Since we are introducing - my name is Morgan and I have 4 silkies, 6 bantam Cochin, 1 Plymouth and 1 Serama with hopes of a couple more to come!

Thank you for being nice about it seems people get all wound up easy these days. I am not new to Seramas I have a large Beautiful flock of smooth and silkie birds and I too have bought and sold seramas on here I just honestly think 100. plus shipping is a lot to ask for a two year old bird that rarley lays.
Morgan if you would like to buy some real pretty birds with nice type in smooth or silkied send me a pm and I'll send you some pics​

Now I am going to take a view from Pongo's side. I totally understand and appreciate you feel that it's a lot of money. And maybe it is. Or maybe Pongo knows exactly what her bird is worth....to her. That's fair and hopefully you can understand and appreciate that too. Maybe the bird has great type. Maybe she has a fabulous personality and is super loving (my big requisite). Maybe the lineage on the bird is super duper. Or maybe Pongo loves the bird so much he/she (sorry Pongo....I don't know if you're a guy or a girl) is determined the bird only have a fabulous home with someone who will love it and take good care of it and logical reasoning is if someone pays a good chunk of change then they would do just that.

So I guess what I'm saying is that perhaps a better way to have handled this would have gone like this.....

N.W.ChickenGuy: $100 is a bit hard on my budget (even if it's not) but she is sure a pretty bird (even if she isn't - haven't seen her so don't know). Could you tell me your thought process on your pricing? Thanks!

Pongo: At first blush it might seem high. Even though she is a little older than most on the listings, she is an excellent broody, is a great mom, has almost perfect type, is the sweetest most loving serama ever, has outstanding parentage, poops gold, is my very special to me so I need to ensure she has the greatest home ever, etc. Also a quick review of seramas that have sold lately and you'll see that they are getting a high premium right now on them.

I know people get grumpy, people have opinions, people have budgets, people have different personalities and ways of expressing themselves. I also know that if we just take an extra minute or two to read what we post here and listen to it from the perspective of the person we are responding to, we could probably avoid alot of unintended insults and grumpiness. If I had been Pongo and read your initial comment and then this one I might have felt a little insulted even if that wasn't intended. Especially when you account for how fabulous these little birds are and how much everyone loves them. Right?

Now everyone go hug their little fuzzbutts and feel the love! Kumba Yah.
love.gif

Hi howdy Hi, Joey! And yes, I am already resigned to another new addiction. ~sighs~ I clearly have lost my mind when I have told my family that when I win the bazillions in a lottery the first thing I am doing is building a $20k chicken coop. And I mean it. But on a positive side, it's sure fun to be crazy!
wee.gif

Quote:

How are your family & birds doing????? It was a pleasure to meet your whole family Ray, I hope your wife & daughter had fun at the show as much as you, me and your son (Andrew).

Welcome to the serama world Whitney & Morgan!!!!!! I am Joey, my addiction to serama started 3 yrs ago and unable to recover regardless to all the rehab I have been to.
lau.gif
hide.gif

Well, I guess we did not want to be outdone by the Oaklahoma earthquake...so up here in Northern WA state...I woke up (at 5:09) to a 4.6 m quake...5 miles from my house was the epicenter. About 3 miles deep. Was felt as far as 100+ miles away. Great big BOOM and then a whole lot of shaking. Scared the bejees out of me.
3.gif

OH, and we woke up to another 2 inches of snow...ick.

The seramas won't come out of the coop...so I had to move their food and water to inside. Their "run" has a roof and is covered. I don't think they like the idea of the snow. I need to put a light bulb in with them so that they have more light. They are plenty warm.

Everyone is doing great jp the birds are all doing good also . my family had a great time and my wife made some great friends at the show and they all really enjoyed meeting you and all the others you guys are a great groupe of friends thanks for haveing us untill the next show take care and stay in touch bro .
Quote:

lau.gif
hide.gif

frow.gif

Quote:

lau.gif
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom