American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Well one night Gigi and Lulu were on the floor playing tag and play fighting--it was a hoot listening to the patter of the feet...I got a conversation going with you, Bill and Gumbii all at once! Manfolk overload tonight!

Quote:

2. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Well i'm going to cut out on you and hit the shower then off to bed for me tel the fellas i say hi [​IMG] and goodnight to you all . [​IMG]
    Quote:

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    NITE Ray, have fun splashing in the water, say Hi to Julie for me![​IMG]
    Quote:

4. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  5. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Thread cleaned.

Do not feed trolls. Use the report button and do not respond or quote!

6. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    First of all, welcome to the serama land Seramaholic!!!!!! From what I know, seramas were separated into 2 types the American and the Malaysian; each has it own written standard of perfection, you can find the SOP on SCNA forum. The American type seramas have medium chest but well portionate to the body where the Malaysian type seramas require to have a big outright chest. If I am not wrong, you have the taste for a tweener of the 2 types just like me. [​IMG] From my experience, the bigger the chest the lower the tail angle, you just can't have both on one bird.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Sorry Terrielacy, I did not see your post. [​IMG]

8. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Thanks terrie! we appreciate you! and personally i love this thread!

9. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    This morning it is balmy outside before the 4" of rain we are supposed to get tomorrow. So my SO is out there putting up the roof on the chicken run. Terribly exciting! And I took Tominnie outside in the backyard for a little supervised visiting with my flock of cochin and silkies. Ummm yeah. Tominnie was fine for awhile until my one handicapped rooster Chilli decided to school her. I quickly separated them and went back to watching. Tominnie went way across to the other side of the backyard and all seemed peaceful if not integrated. Until that is Tominnie decided to streak across the entire yard and ninja attack Chilli. She seems to have already decided she is going to be top dog. So I have decided Seramas are big chickens in a little body. Definitely.

10. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Oh, definitely....my little serama hen took on one of my BR hens...knocked the snot out of the BR...BR took off wondering what the heck just happened. Most my big hens watch the little birds out of the corner of their eye and give them their space. These guys are not "housed" together...they were just all out free ranging together one day. one of the BR bitties thought she could bully my Martha out of a treat. Well, Martha informed her otherwise. LOL. [​IMG]

chihuahua with feathers..meaning big "dog" in a little "dog" body...same as you said but only they are chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by