American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Lol..... sad

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    They are brave little sole's [​IMG]
    Quote:Oh, definitely....my little serama hen took on one of my BR hens...knocked the snot out of the BR...BR took off wondering what the heck just happened. Most my big hens watch the little birds out of the corner of their eye and give them their space. These guys are not "housed" together...they were just all out free ranging together one day. one of the BR bitties thought she could bully my Martha out of a treat. Well, Martha informed her otherwise. LOL. [​IMG]

chihuahua with feathers..meaning big "dog" in a little "dog" body...same as you said but only they are chickens.

3. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Congratz with yours new addition!!!!! Looks like you are going to have to built more cages with all the projects you are taking on. [​IMG] I have 10 hatched so far with 10 more to go, I definately need to make another serama condo to house all the younguns. Good luck with yours barred projects Ray!!!!

4. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    thanks bro its going to be a blue project but that wont take place untill summer i have a few other projects i'm working on now that are looking pretty good right now thanks to all your help streeing me in the right dicrection . [​IMG]
    Quote:Congratz with yours new addition!!!!! Looks like you are going to have to built more cages with all the projects you are taking on. [​IMG] I have 10 hatched so far with 10 more to go, I definately need to make another serama condo to house all the younguns. Good luck with yours barred projects Ray!!!!

5. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    very excited for your new hatch i can't wait to see them . have you paired up browine and little b mom yet ? i want to see if you can get a little b 2 [​IMG]

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    These guys are FEARLESS veloicraptors for sure! Little Ceasar RULES the place and my other larger roo knows to steer clear of him. And he is not afraid to take on my 2 AGF hens when they get in a "gamey" mood. they are dogs in feather jackets WOOT!
    ANd a ROOF--yes this is VERY exciting! Teresa, see you for sure do not have too many chickens...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:Oh, definitely....my little serama hen took on one of my BR hens...knocked the snot out of the BR...BR took off wondering what the heck just happened. Most my big hens watch the little birds out of the corner of their eye and give them their space. These guys are not "housed" together...they were just all out free ranging together one day. one of the BR bitties thought she could bully my Martha out of a treat. Well, Martha informed her otherwise. LOL. [​IMG]

chihuahua with feathers..meaning big "dog" in a little "dog" body...same as you said but only they are chickens.

7. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    sue far as i know i am the only owner of a veloserama..... and as of now im keeping it that way LOL

8. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Quote:love it!! now i know what this little guy is!!!

9. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:

Froggie: I agree I need more...problem is....I need housing for more. LOL. So that is what i am working on...planning what will work best for me, start building, and have the facilities to have more birds this spring. I am also working on a lav project (just starting) so between my 10 layers (misc birds) my 5 lav at the moment (some orps to add to this will be added later) and the 100+ seramas I want to have...no I don't think I have too many. It takes 3 serama eggs to equal 1 AA egg. So if I have 10 layers...10-15 orps for my "project"...x3 = 60-75 seramas. But this is chicken math and nothing is that easy...so .... welll.... [​IMG] I just need more space. And a tolerant husband..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    My husband used to be "barely" tolerant of all my chickens......

Then I brought him home his very own Serama rooster..... He just absolutely loves this bird. We've had him for about -7 weeks now. I called home from work today, to check in on everyone, and Dave (DH), and Dan (rooster) were in the garage, busy working on his motorcycle together. [​IMG] Dan sits with him on the computer at night, looking at race trucks, and stuff, does all the guy stuff with my hubby except drink beer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by