American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    i have a little safety harness i made for him and a little leather pad he sits on so he won't slep off the tank ! [​IMG]

2. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Got to see that!!!!

3. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    i'll work on some pic's for you all to see after thanksgiveing ok . i only can get the one roo to do it the rest want nothing to do with the harley ! [​IMG]
    Quote:Got to see that!!!!

4. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:I am still learning and I am gleening so much from this web site. I have to say my preference would be the American Serama. I have seen some Malaysian Seramas that seem pretty extreme. It seems like they would have medical problems they are so distorted.....Please realize that this is just my opinion - and holds no weight.

which is kind of funny....I love the English Orpington better than the American. Guess I just can't decide. [​IMG] No, it is just personal opinion.

Remember, from:
    Malayasian vs American

you also have:
    Silky vs Smooth feathers
    color preference?

oh and let us not forget:
    size?
    class A, B or C?

I personally am still deciding. I like smooth feathered, American. No color preference. Well, that is where I am at. Just do your research. Very interesting.

eta: I hope I have offended no one by my comments. I am sorry if I have. Just me thinking out loud. '

5. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Oh, that is hilarious. How cute. Little tiny helmet, little leather jacket. Can you imagine...very funny.

eta: off my FB: [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  6. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Thats part of the joy of this breed to each his own . i too like the AM smooth birds but i also like the malay type so i just have to seperate projects going one AM and one Malay that way i can have my cake and eat it too ! [​IMG]

7. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
  8. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:I am new to Seramas so forgive me. This is the first I've heard of a red stripe on the legs? Is that common and/or desirable?

Lots of mine have had tiny dotted red scales that make a stripe on the back sides of bright yellow legs for years...and I've never had anyone mention it while showing and won. Pretty sure its common. I've noticed it elsewhere.

9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Heading out and wanted to spread the love before I left!
    Hope each and every one of you have a wonderful holiday!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    the same back to you bluegrass and make sure you lock up the birds before you go ! happy thanksgiveing .
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by