American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:In LOVE [​IMG] , tell me they'll before sale when they grow up [​IMG]

2. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:[​IMG]

I saw that sebright roo and I'm thinking "Poor girl doesn't know she has a sebright!" [​IMG]

Poor little Bottle-Pop kind of blends into the background....just like a Serama girl for sure!

I thought the same thing at first! [​IMG] Then I saw that little black one in the corner and I was like "Ohh..."

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

I saw that sebright roo and I'm thinking "Poor girl doesn't know she has a sebright!" [​IMG]

Poor little Bottle-Pop kind of blends into the background....just like a Serama girl for sure!

I thought the same thing at first! [​IMG] Then I saw that little black one in the corner and I was like "Ohh..."

Me too! I saw the seabright roo and just got STUCK looking at him.......[​IMG] [​IMG] You are gonna just love your serama, they are the bestest! [​IMG]:love

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    FUZZY-BUTTS.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I could look at them all day! SO CUTE [​IMG]

Quote:

5. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    crossing fingers fugly will be a momma any day now....its actually due tuesday but ive had it sooner than later lol.

also this next week hopefully ill have texas a&m quail pop out.... HOPEFULLY lol.... they are in the new incubator so im crossing fingers

6. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    pm you your box was full my friend
    Quote:

7. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    shouldnt be anymore i emptied it

8. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    I would like to thank everyone who posted or contacted me OR just thought about me in reference to my serama losses last week, it meant a lot to me!!! I was really taken aback at the outpouring of sympathy and empathy and concern, and just plain LOVE, that was offered to me, and I am VERY grateful for everyone taking the time from their busy lives to even think about me...Thank you, one and all!!!

I am still sad, but moving forward...I will be putting some eggs into the incubator today from my chocolate and my blue projects, only a few, since the girls aren't producing much at the moment. Aside from Rolo and the triplets, my other chocolate pairings are all new, so I can't even be sure the eggs are fertile yet. I have Lacey Louie with the Midnight Girls and Dagger, hoping to pull out some smooth laced blues...,[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Blue Belle and Midnight, my frizzled girls that had sour crop along with Cosmo, are fully recovered and have been in the "Big" coop for a week now, but since they are both frizzled, I have no one to pair them with now...[​IMG] Very frustrating, to say the least! [​IMG] I think we all, as serama owners, must learn to have patience,...seramas are definitely not for the faint-of-heart...Maybe that's what makes them even more special to us...[​IMG]

9. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Juliette, I think I have the patience but I'm not sure I have the years left!! LOL Why couldn't I have started this years ago..........so much fun!

10. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I lost my first serama Friday night. [​IMG]

She was a small 5 month old pullet, that was one of my inside/outside birds. She was fine when I put her outside in the morning, nothing unusual when I brought her inside at 4pm. At 6pm, I saw her at the bottom of her cage, panting, and pulled her out. Tried heat, vitamins, antibiotics, everything we could think of. At about 7:30pm she died. It was very upsetting, and kind of freaked me out, not knowing what the heck happened.

I had a necropsy done the next morning. She had laid an internal egg. It would have been her very first egg. The diagnosis was egg yolk peritonitis. [​IMG]
    So sad.... [​IMG] I didn't see that one coming.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by