American serama thread!

Quote:
In LOVE
love.gif
, tell me they'll before sale when they grow up
fl.gif

Quote:
lol.png

I saw that sebright roo and I'm thinking "Poor girl doesn't know she has a sebright!"
lau.gif

Poor little Bottle-Pop kind of blends into the background....just like a Serama girl for sure!

I thought the same thing at first!
gig.gif
Then I saw that little black one in the corner and I was like "Ohh..."

Quote:
lol.png

I saw that sebright roo and I'm thinking "Poor girl doesn't know she has a sebright!"
lau.gif

Poor little Bottle-Pop kind of blends into the background....just like a Serama girl for sure!

I thought the same thing at first!
gig.gif
Then I saw that little black one in the corner and I was like "Ohh..."

Me too! I saw the seabright roo and just got STUCK looking at him.......
droolin.gif
bow.gif
You are gonna just love your serama, they are the bestest!
thumbsup.gif
:love

crossing fingers fugly will be a momma any day now....its actually due tuesday but ive had it sooner than later lol.

also this next week hopefully ill have texas a&m quail pop out.... HOPEFULLY lol.... they are in the new incubator so im crossing fingers

I would like to thank everyone who posted or contacted me OR just thought about me in reference to my serama losses last week, it meant a lot to me!!! I was really taken aback at the outpouring of sympathy and empathy and concern, and just plain LOVE, that was offered to me, and I am VERY grateful for everyone taking the time from their busy lives to even think about me...Thank you, one and all!!!

I am still sad, but moving forward...I will be putting some eggs into the incubator today from my chocolate and my blue projects, only a few, since the girls aren't producing much at the moment. Aside from Rolo and the triplets, my other chocolate pairings are all new, so I can't even be sure the eggs are fertile yet. I have Lacey Louie with the Midnight Girls and Dagger, hoping to pull out some smooth laced blues...,
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
Blue Belle and Midnight, my frizzled girls that had sour crop along with Cosmo, are fully recovered and have been in the "Big" coop for a week now, but since they are both frizzled, I have no one to pair them with now...
barnie.gif
Very frustrating, to say the least!
he.gif
I think we all, as serama owners, must learn to have patience,...seramas are definitely not for the faint-of-heart...Maybe that's what makes them even more special to us...
love.gif

Quote:
Juliette, I think I have the patience but I'm not sure I have the years left!! LOL Why couldn't I have started this years ago..........so much fun!

I lost my first serama Friday night.
hit.gif

She was a small 5 month old pullet, that was one of my inside/outside birds. She was fine when I put her outside in the morning, nothing unusual when I brought her inside at 4pm. At 6pm, I saw her at the bottom of her cage, panting, and pulled her out. Tried heat, vitamins, antibiotics, everything we could think of. At about 7:30pm she died. It was very upsetting, and kind of freaked me out, not knowing what the heck happened.

I had a necropsy done the next morning. She had laid an internal egg. It would have been her very first egg. The diagnosis was egg yolk peritonitis.
sad.png

So sad....
hit.gif
I didn't see that one coming.

Back
Top Bottom