American serama thread!

Quote:
My condolences for your little girl! I'm learning that it's hard, no, next-to-impossible, to predict what can happen to our little birds!

I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I thought the same thing at first!
gig.gif
Then I saw that little black one in the corner and I was like "Ohh..."

Me too! I saw the seabright roo and just got STUCK looking at him.......
droolin.gif
bow.gif
You are gonna just love your serama, they are the bestest!
thumbsup.gif
:love

I like him too, the picture is taken in the temporary pen.

Chali, My heart goes out to you for the loss of your birdie. At least her short life was a happy life.....Us mere mortals just don't everything to be able to save them all...............
hugs.gif
love.gif
RIP sweet girl....

Quote:

Just popping in to share a picture of our new serama houses we finished today. Each has their own light, really going to help with laying and conditioning.
wink.png
Still have a few finishing touches here and there but I am very happy!
big_smile.png
On my way back out to put in everyone's food/water.

49849_s_house.jpg

SunnyCalifornia,
I'm so sorry. I remember my first loss, so heartbreaking and still is now when I loose one but it happens...I just don't know why it's so often the favorite.

HenThymes,
Awesome set up!

Juliette,
I wish I could help, but I know you keep a closed flock so I didn't offer. Go Blues!
cool.png
My roo Blu-T really loves to put out blue chicks. I've had several if you ever think you might be interested. I have a blue wheaten chick right now, living on my desk in a cage with a light. It has become the most rotten lil chick on earth!
lol.png
It's waiting for more to hatch so it's not an only chick in the brooder. It will hop out into my hands when I open the cage door and cries for me when it can't see me. I made a tube out of that foam craft sheets and it jumps on top like it's king of the hill and plays inside. Very entertaining. I'll be glad for it to have playmates though, I have to go to work tomorrow and this one is not going to be happy. To keep peace in the house, I put it back in the hatcher to sleep last night so it didn't cheep all night. I'm expecting lots of blue chicks and have a couple people on a waiting list so if anyone likes blues, they may want to speak soon. I sold a dozen hatching eggs that are being picked up Wed. but my hens are giving me plenty right now to hatch and 2 hens setting some, hopefully, chocolates. I can't wait to see all of your up and comer's, best of luck with your hatches, may you have them running out your ears! Take Care
wink.png

Cathy

Back
Top Bottom