American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Joey, you're not responsible for any of the misfortunes. I have 4 other birds from your same lines that are happy and healthy, and starting to lay eggs. I've had a lot of good luck, it was just my time to have some bad luck, it happens to us all sooner or later.

Dave has two eggs from Lt. Dan now, and is so stinkin' excited. He wants to know why they aren't in the incubator today, and I keep telling him, lets wait until we get a few more, and put a whole clutch in. [​IMG] He's so funny!! He actually is waking up earlier now, just to help me move the seramas from their nighttime"motel" to their outside coops. You've made him a Serama lover!

Hugs Joey, you're still one of my best friends....

Sue- Dan has two beauties to choose from.... both courtesy of Joey... and he is the happiest rooster ever. He can't wait for morning..... when he gets to go out and see his girls..... we keep him inside at night, 'cause he's my alarm cock. He's much more punctual than Gordon. Gordon is more of a snooze button..... LOL..

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    TOO COOL Chali. Boy did that birdies get lucky. Room service at nite and not one but TWO girls to entertain him during the day![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    P.S. I am SLOWLY getting my christmas stuff out BECASUE I am gonna take some pictures and hopefully one might make it on the forum??????
    Quote:
    Sue- Dan has two beauties to choose from.... both courtesy of Joey... and he is the happiest rooster ever. He can't wait for morning..... when he gets to go out and see his girls..... we keep him inside at night, 'cause he's my alarm cock. He's much more punctual than Gordon. Gordon is more of a snooze button..... LOL..

3. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Tammy, if you need any help, I know Jessica, Taylor and I would be happy to come down, and do birdie duty once in a while. I just know nothing about pheasants and your other exotics, you'd have to school me on those.

Thanks so much Chaili, that's so sweet! That's a long way for you to come though. We got 5 gal feeders figured out so far and I am working on figuring out what to use for waterers, just so DH and DD's don't miss anyone when they check on them. I have several cages and coops going so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. There won't be any babies to take care of so it should be fine. Unless there is some health issue or emergency all will be ok I think. I hope!

If you or any one of my chicken friends here in socal wanna try and hatch some of these oegb (silver laced) or serama eggs let me know. They are gonna go to waste if not and I don't mind sharing with my friends... [​IMG]

4. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Well, its not close enough to be there daily for you, but if once a week helps, let me know.

5. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    tiger if you want to mail me eggs im happy to put them in the bator and grow em up for you for a while til your ready to get them back.... up to you hun just let me know.... ill do either or both if you want just have to mark them for me

6. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Coming SOON, 18 hatching eggs from my own Serama's to be up for auction, here on BYC proceeds to benefit the CC (Cajun Classic) 2012 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd get everyone's attention ........[​IMG] This may be a one time only chance, once my new incubator has proven itself, I'll be hatching like crazy and won't have eggs to sell.

Check back often or you'll miss it! 18 hatching eggs from my flock for possible Blues [​IMG] Blacks [​IMG] Chocolates [​IMG] Wheaten [​IMG] Mottled [​IMG] and more. There is also a possible pumpkin diluter gene and possibly dun in the mix making for some very cool color possibilities......Not to mention, NICE type [​IMG]

Awesome personality [​IMG] and my breeders are B''s and C's and one D rooster but he's got great type and produces smaller [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So Don't Miss It! I'll post here, on the American Serama thread, when I have all the information from Jerry about which address to send the paypal money to. I'm very excited to be helping the CC. My husband and I will be there in April and hope to meet some of you there. PM me if you have any questions.

Photo's of some of my Serama's can be seen here [​IMG] http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h375/FiveHillsFarm/Five%20Hills%20Farm%20Poultry/Serama%20Album/

Be
    sure to look on the right side of the screen to see the sub albums, each of my Serama's have their own album for photo's.
    SO DON'T MISS OUT [​IMG]

7. tigerrrrrrrlilly

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:I don't think I will be gone for that long unless something bad were to happen. It's so nice for you to offer. I'll take you up on it if necessary, thank you! [​IMG]

8. tigerrrrrrrlilly

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Thanks Bill I will text you!

Gosh I [​IMG] you guys!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  9. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    What an awesome enabler you are Cathy....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

10. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    send the eggs my way i'll pay for the shipping !
    Quote:Tammy, if you need any help, I know Jessica, Taylor and I would be happy to come down, and do birdie duty once in a while. I just know nothing about pheasants and your other exotics, you'd have to school me on those.

Thanks so much Chaili, that's so sweet! That's a long way for you to come though. We got 5 gal feeders figured out so far and I am working on figuring out what to use for waterers, just so DH and DD's don't miss anyone when they check on them. I have several cages and coops going so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. There won't be any babies to take care of so it should be fine. Unless there is some health issue or emergency all will be ok I think. I hope!

If you or any one of my chicken friends here in socal wanna try and hatch some of these oegb (silver laced) or serama eggs let me know. They are gonna go to waste if not and I don't mind sharing with my friends... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by