American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    im more than jealous at hen timeses set up that is pretty nice

also great news fugly's only egg i gave her is almost totally zipped...yahoooo!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    ok folks its out and she has turned into a pitbull LOL

3. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:Awesome Setup!!! I have a similar setup in my brooder room for my "young'uns", and it makes life so much easier! I eventually want to do the same thing for my breeders in the "big coop", I hate wire cage bottoms! Congrats!

4. Carolynspeeps

Carolynspeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I posted more pictures under my auction. Only one day left to bid on these birds. Thanks for looking!!!

5. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:
    X2........I did not get much shut eyes last night, cuz the thought of could it be too much of inbred cause the defects/deformities in their system which lead to shorten up theirs lifespan in a sudden death???? First, Ray's Little B, then Cara's JJ and now Chaili's Sugar.......as a breeder of these birds, I felt kind of responsible for causing all the sorrows to all my best friends. [​IMG] I am truely sorry guys!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    joey dude dont beat yourself up.... the lil white pullet chaili had nothing could be done nor was that your fault..... it happens and its not that rare.

lil jj not sure what happen but again these r serama they are not easy to raise

and lil b no one knows either you have not been doing serama long enough to have inbred defects and most would be seen earlier in the life.

dont beat yourself up man..... all 3 people were happy to recieve a gift from you and appreciated it.... its not your fault serama pass for no reason sometime

7. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Joey, you're not responsible for any of the misfortunes. I have 4 other birds from your same lines that are happy and healthy, and starting to lay eggs. I've had a lot of good luck, it was just my time to have some bad luck, it happens to us all sooner or later.

Dave has two eggs from Lt. Dan now, and is so stinkin' excited. He wants to know why they aren't in the incubator today, and I keep telling him, lets wait until we get a few more, and put a whole clutch in. [​IMG] He's so funny!! He actually is waking up earlier now, just to help me move the seramas from their nighttime"motel" to their outside coops. You've made him a Serama lover!

Hugs Joey, you're still one of my best friends....

8. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    [​IMG] Sorry Chaili. I've lost a few over the years and I still get sad every time. I don't think you ever get used to it, but it is part of having chickens unfortunately. Especially our favorite fragile little seramas... [​IMG] I'm sad for you. How did the girls take it? My kids get over it much easier than I do usually.

Joey, it's not your fault, just coincidence. It's just one of those things that happens to all of us sadly too often with seramas. You have a big heart to even think that. [​IMG]

I just moved my last hatch outside today, they were getting big but I'm still worried after seeing the frost on the ground. [​IMG] Since I'm due to have the baby next month, I haven't been hatching any more. I've had lots of eggs going to waste which I HATE!!! I wanna hatch so bad.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm just worried that if anything happens and I can't be here to take care of them, my kids and DH won't know what to do. I am the chicken/bird/zookeeper around here, so sadly no eggies get to go in the bator and I have been busy making auto feeders etc. for the rest of the birds in preparation for when I'm in the hospital.

9. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Chali, you ENABLER you! [​IMG] That is too cool that Dave is a serama nutcase now too! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Who is the lucky hen that got to be with Lt. Dan??? [​IMG]

Quote:Joey, you're not responsible for any of the misfortunes. I have 4 other birds from your same lines that are happy and healthy, and starting to lay eggs. I've had a lot of good luck, it was just my time to have some bad luck, it happens to us all sooner or later.

Dave has two eggs from Lt. Dan now, and is so stinkin' excited. He wants to know why they aren't in the incubator today, and I keep telling him, lets wait until we get a few more, and put a whole clutch in. [​IMG] He's so funny!! He actually is waking up earlier now, just to help me move the seramas from their nighttime"motel" to their outside coops. You've made him a Serama lover!

Hugs Joey, you're still one of my best friends....

10. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Tammy, if you need any help, I know Jessica, Taylor and I would be happy to come down, and do birdie duty once in a while. I just know nothing about pheasants and your other exotics, you'd have to school me on those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by