American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tigerrrrrrrlilly

I am drooling at your pheasant [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    send the eggs my way i'll pay for the shipping !

Ray, I'm sending what I've got to Bill but you can have the next batch if you like.

Thanks attackchicken. I'm really excited for next years offspring, I got very lucky with these pheasants to get really nice lines. I have goldens from the same source too, when compared to some others I have they are just amazing.
    I already sold all my amherst just been lazy about changing my sig. but if anyone wants some in the spring I will have some. I won't have eggs to sell, I'll be hatching all I can.​

3. chuckeychickens

chuckeychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Chuckey, TN
    My Coop
    Here are a couple of new additions to my flock. I got these guys from Luis and Linda Colarte (Lulin Serama).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had them out in a chicken tractor over the weekend. Here's a picture of my chicken tractor.

[​IMG]

And here's my latest invention for transporting birds from their coop to the chicken tractor.
    I call it the ChickWagon. I got tired of schlepping birds around one or two at a time.
    I put rubber shelf liner on the bed of the wagon so they could keep their footing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Very Clever!

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    That IS really neat - [​IMG]

6. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Well, I finally did it!! I ordered another Brinsea Mini Advance EX incubator. My girls are laying again!! So far, I've collected 1 egg!!! LOL
    I opted for 2 smaller bat ors so I can stagger the hatches easily and I am very pleased with the first one I bought.

7. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    OH I just LOVE your CHUCKWAGON!!! [chickwagon} [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And anyone who knows how to use the word schlepping is GOOD in my book!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I don't know whats better here, the new birdies [​IMG] or you cute set-ups for them [​IMG] AW HECK-- BOTH![​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

8. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    OH BOY Chicklette, you got it BADD! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

9. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:
    I know.......Chicken Rehab rejected me!

10. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    ANOTHER HATCH-A-HOLIC online! Hi Big-B...........did U see that little chuckwagon Chuckychickens dreamed up...fabulous isn't it. Now why didn't you think that up first?????? LOL [​IMG]

Quote:Thanks so much Chaili, that's so sweet! That's a long way for you to come though. We got 5 gal feeders figured out so far and I am working on figuring out what to use for waterers, just so DH and DD's don't miss anyone when they check on them. I have several cages and coops going so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. There won't be any babies to take care of so it should be fine. Unless there is some health issue or emergency all will be ok I think. I hope!

If you or any one of my chicken friends here in socal wanna try and hatch some of these oegb (silver laced) or serama eggs let me know. They are gonna go to waste if not and I don't mind sharing with my friends... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by