American serama thread!

thanks for the info, I wasn't sure on how long they could store. he seems to be the popular bird for sure thought the girls seem to like the younger, not sure if it's just because he is or if it's a conformational thing. he s faster louder and pays them more attention so I think it has more to do with type. I think the girl with the older roo will produce some nice chicks but I am worried about the short leg and leathalism when the two are combined. I think they will bring a smaller size when put together as well. I guess if two roos are mating them at the same time it's a craps shoot as to who fathers them ?

My new girl. Just got her today.

like any other hen comb and wattles reflect conditions. a dominant hen will often develop exaggerated combs and will even develop a hen crow. I had a hen that lost her rooster and the tinniest comb turned to a large floppy pointed comb in a matter of a week and she started to crow .When a new roo showed up it reduced to 50%. all of my other hens have similar sized combs. Maybe it's part of Americanization?

i am selling the Olandsk Dwarf i showed the picture of in this thread. shes very pretty and very very, soft. it might not look as if so, but her tail is slightly pointed up. kind of like a barred plymouth rock tail. she is 94 days old, this means she will start laying eggs soon! my only problem is that she is not a serama! i recommend someone with chickens already so she acclimates better. you must live in/near Miami, Fl. i frequently go to Davie, Fl. i can meet you, or drop her off at Griff's Western feed store in Davie, Fl. please PM me for prices.

LL

LL

Last edited:
Swrama eggs on lockdown, 3 (they werent laying well) So hopeing hoping hoping! I have not had a sucsessful hatch yet BUT These plus three more due in 6 days are squriming all about and going strong sooo.......
fl.gif
pop.gif
Good Luck................I have three under a broody hen...forgot to mark the date the calendar...............

Back
Top Bottom