American serama thread!

Porcupine:
Ok so I got my second egg from porcupine yesterday. This egg had a little blood on it so I'm thinking she might be younger then I first thought.,that could explain several things.
1) she is young and way down on the peaking order would help explain her condition.
2) her operatic nonconsistant laying

I have only ever seen blood on eggs coming from New layers.

Any thoughts?

** both eggs good size solid well shaped shell

Hi! I'm Debi from Ohio. I just started with Serama and I have 3 hens and a rooster. I also have 2 Silkie hens. I would love a frizzle Serama hen. I would like to be included in the info shared on this thread.
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

Hi! I'm Debi from Ohio. I just started with Serama and I have 3 hens and a rooster. I also have 2 Silkie hens. I would love a frizzle Serama hen. I would like to be included in the info shared on this thread.
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

yes! Welcome! I am about to ask a question so Keep your eyes open!

Ok here is the Question... I just set 6 serama eggs, I know the hen/rooster combo, There is one egg that looks like it is a little darker, which probably means that it is from my hen that died a few days ago. Naturaly I want this hatch to go very well, what kind of incubation things do you do for your guys's eggs?

I am trading this gal away for a young pair of whites this weekend, trying to enjoy what time I have left with her. She's going in to someone's black project. I guess she has trouble getting solid black birds but I've got them coming out my ears! I want other colors, I have way too many black birds. I think one of her sisters plucks her neck out of affection.. I sure hope they'll be alright being separated! Can't help but worry over her a little bit. I'm still getting used to letting go of birds I hatched and raised, haha.

Back
Top Bottom