American serama thread!

Quote:

I don't know if I've seen that one, but I have seen the other hen in person. She is just a doll
smile.png

Both are beautiful hens Liz.

Quote:
So How much are hens going for now? I kind of want to get some but im not sure if i can afford them. not looking for something super nice. like an 7 out of 10?

I have some neked looking chickens here too. Mostly my Araucana's, they are UGLY right now and if I didn't see the new feathering coming in, I'd swear there was some horrible disease happening here!
lol.png

My Serama's don't seem to moult too much, just a few feathers here and there but generally tails and enough that they aren't show worthy.

Maybe we need to move the dates for all the shows to times when ours are not likely to be in moult? lol

Quote:

I don't know if I've seen that one, but I have seen the other hen in person. She is just a doll
smile.png

Both are beautiful hens Liz.

This was Dolce's first show. She was slowly molting tail feathers all summer, and she finally has them all back. Carl Foster put her under his jacket while I wasn't looking, and he tried to give me his black one instead. Really, though, if I needed a black, I'd have considered it a fair trade!

Quote:
Hi Ultrasol....remember me from Washintonian site? You won a pair...how fun. They are great little birds. I too was determined to stick with my standard size birds (love the orps)...but no matter how you fight it...these little guys wrap themselves into your hear/life. Some of the people on this thread have them as house pets. I don't think my DH would like that. Tough. LOL....
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom