American serama thread!

Quote:
How old are your 'roosters' and when did they last molt? I would not pluck the sickles. I know one person that did, thinking she would expedite new growth...it didn't work. She had to do completely without sickles until her bird's next normal molt cycle. It normally takes about 8 weeks for new sickle growth (at molting time).

Nail biting time! Of course none of the birds I sent out yesterday have arrived, though most were 'guaranteed' by tomorrow (a few for today). They should have plenty to 'eat' and 'drink' for their journeys, but it is still nerve-wracking!

big-b, you better take good care of my baby boy! I love that little guy so much and was almost in tears when I put him in the box. If I could find a place that would let me keep a 'house chicken', you can bet that's where he would be!
sad.png

It's amazing how much these little birds tug on your heart strings...they are just so sweet, you can't help but fall in love!

"My" baby boy, now big-b's baby!!
DSC00360.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

LittleBig-mouth.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

He will always be yours shelleyd i just need to use him for awhile ! and if you ever want him back we will talk about it at that time so rest your pretty little head he will be very well takein care of while he is here i know what he means to you
love.gif
and i will treat him with the same love and respect that i'm sure you had for him
thumbsup.gif
and i'm sure he will be here later today or frist thing in the morning i will let you know when he arrives thank you for him i know how hard it must be on you take care and keep in touch . your friend BIGb
hugs.gif

Quote:

I am with you there shelleyd2008. I am waiting for the birds I got from you and waiting to see if the seramas I sent out made it to their new homes. I tracked all of the ones I sent and they all showed to be delivered, but I still need to know. I know of the four boxes I sent, ruthless already got hers and all four were kicking when they arrived.
big_smile.png
Nail biting a little less...
fl.gif

Last edited:
I've never had birds take less than 2 days, though only once have they taken 3 days (to WV from KY---guess they are trucked the whole trip there
hmm.png
). I would expect all the birds I sent to arrive tomorrow morning, but they've got plenty to 'eat' so they should be fine. But it's still nerve-wracking!
th.gif

Last edited:
I know about the waiting game too. I had 3 birds shipped Monday from Josiah. They were supposed to arrive yesterday before 3pm. They showed up today around 10 am. A beautiful rooster and two pullets. The extra day in travel didn't treat one of the pullets too well. She is still lethargic and weak looking under nursing care. I'm hoping she will pull through. Gorgeous birds.

All of the birds I shipped out have arrived to their new homes! I hope all of the families that received them enjoy them as much as I have. Thanks again.
big_smile.png
clap.gif

ok ray you are reaching hoarder status LOL..... i think you have more than me now..... that is awesome now i dont get the title ....LMAO

Back
Top Bottom