American serama thread!

Yes, I think I see veins in 4 eggs, some now have sticky yolks, and won't come around to a lighter section of the egg, ugh! I turned them around and am hoping they'll loosen up. some of these eggs are extremely opaque! I'm hoping good stuff is going on in them! You have no idea how my heart is wrapped up in these eggs! If I don't at least get one bird, I'm afraid I'll be devastated
hit.gif

I really have to harden myself up here... this is not good! LOL

Hey guys, my first Serama has pipped. It was early as the temprature in my incubator was running a little high. It pipped and did a little chipping away, but has stopped. The first pip was a little over 24 hrs ago. Should I be concerned? I don't know if I should leave it, or try to help it out. None of the other eggs have pipped yet. When should I try and help? I know that is a debated issue to help or not help. It just seems to be taking a lot longer than normal.

If you help it you will either lose the rest or be prepared to help all the others.

Their first time out for photos. Just a few of my 3 month olds. I wasn't going to hatch anything this summer but the hens/pullets had different ideas. I had 6 go broody and 2 of them 3 times.
he.gif
The bottle in the photo is 12" high.

Last edited:
Their first time out for photos. Just a few of my 3 month olds. I wasn't going to hatch anything this summer but the hens/pullets had different ideas. I had 6 go broody and 2 of them 3 times.
he.gif
The bottle in the photo is 12" high.

Oooo! These are beautiful!! I cant wait to hatch some babies from my new pair!

Thank you
hugs.gif
I'd really be happy with anything, but at least a pair would be best so they can keep each other company
tongue.png

tallied 'em up, and this is what I see:

2 look good
3 are questionable
3 I'm sure are dead with blood rings
1 is clear

I won't take any out of the 'bator until I'm 100% certain though ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom