American Sussex Association

Quote:
The top link was a test run from someone that wanted to help, it needs to be deleted.

The bottom link belongs to us and it looks like they have repaired the problem. All websites work again.

YAY!
ya.gif

Thanks Janie! I am getting some eggs this week (hopefully tomorrow!) out of these birds below! Our last attempt at Buff sussex failed. Eggs were either to cold in shipment or something. have some from Georgia in the incubator. Hopefully we will have a nice breeding pen this fall from these two orders! Again thanks Janie!

How much does your male weigh?

Quote:

Last edited:
Hi Jim
Not sure how much this guy weighs. But I call him Big Sir if thats any indication. Only way to know for sure is to climb on the scale holding him but then I guess I'd have to know how much I weigh!
big_smile.png

Fertility checked out better than I expected for my last hatch but still not 100%. I have 2 roos in this pen. The other guy is just as beautiful but not quite the size. The thing that's impressing me out of these hens is the size of their eggs. Quite large and beautiful! And they've turned out to be very good and consistent layers. They layed all through our MN winter.

Here's wishing you a fantastic hatch!

And Yup Kathy after all thats what they're for!!

I am brand new on here and brand new to Chickens but that is what I have well2 of those SS they 6 weeks 3 days and thsy are my favorite!!I will have pic's up very soon busy building new coop and spring cleaning and such,,plus I just keep playin with the chicks!! they are kinda a distaction LOL

Quote:
Hi Steve! I have tons of fertile eggs. Can't incubate them all, so we eat them.
tongue.png
Ohhhhh, that is what they are for, right?
big_smile.png

I hear ya we have 2 incubators running now all 6 trays full so I may have to fire up #3 and maybe #4, I have been working on our brooder house making it bigger last year had around 350 chicks in it at one time way to small, so adding two new roles I hope we have enough room this year.
lol.png

Steve

Back
Top Bottom