Americana or Easter Egger

Mine will lay tinted white eggs they looked just like yours when they where a few days old. They are either welsummer, bbrp, or ee mine are black breasted red phoienix Sorry it took so long for me to get back on

Here are my hopefuls...but not likely ee... Few days older I have a slightly dif chipmunk chick that does have a pea comb but that's it. You can see her in the back ground of a few pics. I have two that look like yours.

I did look at some pics of welsummer chicks, because i have never seen any before and while this chick does look like a welsummer. It could still be EE though, because EEs do sometimes come in that color. Not all of EEs always beards, because they dont all carry the beard gene. I have 1 or 2 EEs that i know are for sure EEs that look a lot like your chick. I also saw that there was some confusion on here of what color EEs legs are. Purbred ameraucanas are supposed to have slate legs and as far as i know an EE can have green or yellow legs, but all of mine have green legs.

I would guess it's some ameracuana, americana cross. it looks some what like my baby brown ameracuana. hope you can find out!
idunno.gif

Do I have an Americana?

What you have is a brahma.

These are an example of Easter Eggers :) or "Ameracauna"
Ameracaunas are pure bred, there's certain standard colors they come in, they have a pea comb, black or slate legs and a dark beak. Easter Eggers seem to be more common because they are a mixed breed of Ameracauna and another type of chicken.

Back
Top Bottom