1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AMERICANA'S/EE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LACI, Dec 3, 2015.

1. LACI

LACI Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2015
    I PURCHASED 6 LAVENDER, 2 BLUE & 2 BLACK AM/EE NO IDEA THE DIFFERENCE.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF LAVENDER WILL LAY LAVENDER EGGS? WAS TOLD THEY DO.
    WAS TOLD THE BLUE & BLACK LAY BLUE EGGS AND THE BLACK DOES.THE BLUE ISN'T LAYING YET. MY LAVENDERS ARE NOT LAYING YET EITHER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Ameraucana will lay blue eggs. The EEs will lay green, blue or brown eggs. No chicken lays lavender eggs. I would question any advice that person gave you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. LACI

LACI Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2015
    THANK YOU. I WAS CURIOUS I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL LAVENDERS I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR THEY LAY. THEY ARE SWEET.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on Percheron Chick's post. If your birds lay any color eggs other than blue (ie. olive, green, beige, pink, etc.) then they are EEs rather than true Ameraucanas. Also, since lavender is not one of the SOP recognized colors, the Ameraucana Breeders Club would consider your lavender birds to be EEs rather than true Ameraucanas. You can see their breed standards at http://www.ameraucana.org/standard.html.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by