Americauna rooster

LisaChick1

Songster
5 Years
Jul 10, 2014
Carmel Valley
I have 4 supposed Americauna chicks that are only 4 weeks old and this one in particular is already screaming I'm a rooster to me.....
he/she is huge compared to the rest of my chicks already has patchy markings of red on the wings and looks like he is actually getting a small beard ALREADY and had a large comb that's already getting red.... Ya I thought boy since the day I brought him home with his attitude. Extremely curious and kinda crazy.
I tried to get pics but they're not the best.... Could anyone let me know if this looks like a true americauna or rooster and if so.... does this breed in particular have more aggressive tendencies? I know every chicken and rooster is different, just wondering what they generally say about this breed. I have a GLW roo who is my sweet boy and I'm worried this guy won't be able to stay around.... But he looks like he will be beautiful.

Easter egger cockerel. I have a similar colored bird I also had pegged as male this young. He's turning out very pretty, but I'm rooster heavy and he'll be culled here in another few months.

Back
Top Bottom