americauna stopped laying

I have a Rhode Island Red that laid double yolkers for four days, and she hasn't laid since. Sometimes it just happens that way.

Rufus

she molts in fall, and still lays sporaticaly, and her molt don't last long. she quits in worst of winter (which she did) then picks up end of feb beg of mar back to 3-4 a week (which she did) this year though she stopped mid april.
nothing upseting that i can think of, no new animals, and she's the only one affected.

how long since your rir stopped laying?

My chickens are 6 years old and still laying, but there times when they do not lay for long periods of time. I recently thought my EE was no longer laying, but surprise, she finally started laying again after quite a few months!

When does a hen usually start and stop laying? We have some that are about 5 months old and want to know when to expect that first egg. We also have some hens that are a little older and want to know when we are going to loose eggs.. If we had them all laying at the same time, we would get about 4 dozen a day.. Plently of eggs to hatch out for even more chickens..
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:yiipchick

mom of 5 kids , a step son, 2 dogs, 1 cat with 3 kittens(free to give away)14 new baby chicks(RIR and Red Stars) 43 hens , and 3 roosters. (And one DH who feeds us all...lol) I think that I got everyone ..
smile.png

Usually around six months they start laying. Sometimes though, if they are turning 6 months during the winter, they may not lay until a little older. Not sure how long they lay, I always thought 5 years, but mine are 6, still laying. And I have a friend that had a 15 year old chicken, that was a few years ago, I never knew they lived that long, not sure how old it lived to be. I'm going to have to ask now!!

Back
Top Bottom