Amish

Quote:
I think people just associate the Amish with country living, which is not uncommon. Processing poultry is part of country living or was at one time. I don't think it's disrespectful or funny. If you wanted a great recipe for Spaghetti sauce would you ask a Amish or an Italian?

Quote:
I think people just associate the Amish with country living, which is not uncommon. Processing poultry is part of country living or was at one time. I don't think it's disrespectful or funny. If you wanted a great recipe for Spaghetti sauce would you ask a Amish or an Italian?

Suffice it to say I would not go to a phone book and randomly call the first Italian sur name I could find and ask them for an Italian recipe. If on the other hand I lived in or near an Italian community and I had freinds or Acquaintances that were Italian I would likely know someone that could help me with my Italian cuisine.

If I have some Amish friends and or acquaintances Odds are I could locate an Amish chicken butcher.

That was the reason for my silly post about the Random phone call the the first Lapp/ Esch/Yoder/Deiner that I could find in the phone book.

I could just envision a rather humorous conversation coming out of that. Not trying to start anything up here.

Quote:

Suffice it to say I would not go to a phone book and randomly call the first Italian sur name I could find and ask them for an Italian recipe. If on the other hand I lived in or near an Italian community and I had freinds or Acquaintances that were Italian I would likely know someone that could help me with my Italian cuisine.

If I have some Amish friends and or acquaintances Odds are I could locate an Amish chicken butcher.

That was the reason for my silly post about the Random phone call the the first Lapp/ Esch/Yoder/Deiner that I could find in the phone book.

I could just envision a rather humorous conversation coming out of that. Not trying to start anything up here.

Didn't you forget Stoltzfus?
smile.png

I grew up in York County, PA, next county west of Lancaster. I think most people think of the Amish as "simple, self-sufficient people" because they build their own houses and barns and furniture, they raise their own vegetables and meat, and they KNOW how to take care of the processing part-whether it means canning, freezing, or butchering.

We will be having Thanksgiving dinner at my son's Mennonite inlaws home and their families. All well educated professionals with generations of Masters or Phd degrees with deeply rooted family and community values. No, they do not butcher chickens, however I do for ourselves. Great people !

Back
Top Bottom